Senior Web Developers
- Unit 17 Chestnut Court, Jill Lane, Redditch, England, gb
Unique:IQ are a forward thinking, fast-growing and dynamic software development company specialising in the delivery of a workforce management software solution predominately to the Domiciliary Care, Facilities Management and commercial cleaning sectors.
As a full-stack web developer you will be building both internally and externally facing features within a number of our key systems. You will be developing and maintaining our remote workforce management product, IQ:timecard
You will have strong PHP experience developing either front-end or back-end applications. You will be comfortable writing back-end code to complement the front-end.
As a member of the development team, your primary responsibilities will include:
- Developing software solutions as part of a team
- Writing and maintaining technical and user documentation
- Identifying changing requirements and recommending solutions
- Highlight performance, quality or security issues with existing services and suggest or implement solutions
- Contributing to the design and architecture of projects
Our web applications utilise a number of varied technologies and so successful candidates will have experience, or demonstrate an interest in the following areas:
- At least 3 years commercial programming experience.
- Highly proficient in object orientated PHP.
- Version control (GIT preferred).
- Proficient in MySQL / MariaDB (at a client level, administration would be a nice-to-have).
- Enthusiasm for problem solving, learning and sharing knowledge.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Highly driven and ambitious.
- Comfortable with Composer and PSR-4 auto-loading.
- Comfortable with Linux.
- Experience with Unit Testing.
- Experience with Redis and MongoDB.
- Experience with PhoneGap / Cordova.
- Experience with Gallera cluster.
- Experience with Docker
Previous experience within this industry is not necessary, we are always interested to hear experiences from diverse backgrounds.
Why join us?
- A wide variety of projects - We have plenty of different systems to get stuck into: Web Applications, WebServices, API’s, a mobile app, telephony systems and much more.
- A friendly team, even if we do say so ourselves!
- Job satisfaction - Helping our clients provide a high level of care.
- Discounts and freebies with Perkbox.
- Competitive salary.