Talent Recruiter - Outreach (Massachusetts)
- Boston, MA, USA
- Hiring Start Time: Immediate Start (Home Office)
- HO Team: Recruitment
Uncommon Schools is a non-profit network of 53 outstanding public charter schools in grades K-12 across New York, New Jersey and Massachusetts. Our mission is to start and manage outstanding urban public charter schools that close the achievement gap and prepare students from low-income backgrounds for success in college and beyond. We are accomplishing that mission every day, with a college graduation rate that is well above the national average and thousands of stories of our students and alumni achieving their dreams.
The Associate Director of Recruitment- Outreach (Massachusetts) is a new position responsible for buliding out our outreach strategy and presence in the Boston, Western Massachusetts and Troy, New York areas. The Recruiter will work closely with the Senior Associate Director of Recruitment to develop and implement national and regional recruitment strategies to attract strong teaching and operations staff for schools in Troy, NY and Boston, MA. We are looking for someone who is excited to bring outstanding aspiring and experienced talent to Uncommon Schools! The duties below provide a high-level overview of the responsibilities of the Associate Director of Recruitment:
Key Work and Responsibilities
- Create and execute a recruitment outreach strategy to attract quality teachers and operations candidates for Uncommon Schools in Boston, MA and Troy, NY.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to plan and implement on-campus recruitment events and initiatives (career fairs, information sessions, panels, professional developments, etc.) to build diverse talent pipelines
- Develop and manage regional and national partnerships and initiatives to increase awareness of Uncommon School’s brand and garner quality applications for our schools.
- Leverage recruitment tools and systems (applicant tracking systems, resume databases, LinkedIn Recruiter, Indeed, Handshake, Mailchimp, and complex spreadsheets)
- Demonstrate and articulate a thorough understanding of the Uncommon Schools mission and vision and execute compelling and enthusiastic email campaigns and presentations to promote career opportunities to target audiences and move stakeholders to action (professors, faculty, college students, experienced professionals, warm leads, mission-aligned organizations)
- Use internal and external data to make adjustments to outreach strategy, support recommendations and drive outreach decisions
- Maintain strong communication and relationships with school leaders and Selection recruiters to assess short and long-term talent needs and share recruitment trends and strategies
- Demonstrated ability to be self-directed and take initiative as well as to work collaboratively
- Quick and effective learner in a fast-paced, dynamic, entrepreneurial environment that proactively seeks feedback to improve
- Strong organizational/time management skills and demonstrated ability to multi-task, set and drive priorities, monitor progress towards goals, and utilize data and information
- Strong oral and written communicator who can influence aspiring and experienced educators to join Uncommon Schools (undergraduates, recent graduates, veteran teachers)
- Strategic thinker with exceptional problem-solving skills and critical thinking skills
- High sense of urgency; demonstrated ability to successfully handle multiple projects concurrently
- Experienced networker with outstanding interpersonal skills with the ability to influence and facilitate decision-making among multiple, diverse parties, and present effectively and persuasively to diverse audiences
- Demonstrated passion and commitment to talent work, previous recruitment experience strongly preferred; Experience in education or related field required, direct teaching experience a plus
- Bachelor’s degree required
Uncommon Schools offers competitive salaries commensurate with experience and a comprehensive benefits package. Aside from extensive professional development, all our staff members are equipped with a laptop computer, email, and all necessary supplies.
Uncommon believes in the importance of being a diverse, equitable and inclusive organization that enables our students and staff to thrive. We are committed to building a talented team that reflects the diverse backgrounds and experiences of our students. At the same time, we work to ensure an inclusive community through creating a space for important dialogue about issues of race and identity for our staff and students. As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability.