Graphic Designer - Contractor
- New York, NY, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- Hiring Start Time: Immediate Start (Home Office)
- HO Team: Marketing
Uncommon Schools is a non-profit network of 55 outstanding public charter schools in grades K-12 across New York, New Jersey and Massachusetts. Our mission is to start and manage outstanding urban public charter schools that close the achievement gap and prepare students from low-income backgrounds for success in college and beyond. We are accomplishing that mission every day, with a college graduation rate that is well above the national average and thousands of stories of our students and alumni achieving their dreams.
Graphic Designer - Contractor
Part-time, paid hourly (30-80 hours a month)
Hiring Start Time: Immediate
Uncommon Schools is seeking a Graphic Designer in a contract role to help with concepting, production and thought partnering across an array of print and digital mediums. The position will partner with Marketing’s stakeholders and team members to build high-quality, visual campaigns and communications that bolster and evolve the Uncommon brand in critical areas such as staff recruitment and student enrollment. The person will also serve as a steward of the brand including asset management, adherence to guidelines and aesthetic storytelling. Additionally, they will support day-to-day graphic needs and material updates. Reports to SAD Graphic Design.
Required Skills & Abilities
- 3+ years prior work experience in graphic design preferred, with expertise in the Adobe Creative Suite and formal training and/or work experience in graphic design across digital and print mediums.
- Self-motivated and able to multitask in a dynamic environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong time management and attention to detail skills.
- Strong organization and process skills. Receptive to feedback.
Preferred Skills & Abilities
- BA in Graphic Design
- Experience in video, animation, or visual design
- Experience with illustration or drawing (Ex: iconography, infographics)
Please provide a link to your portfolio.
Uncommon Schools offer salaries commensurate with experience and generous benefits and vacation package. All staff members receive extensive professional development, a laptop computer, and all necessary supplies.
Uncommon believes in the importance of being a diverse, equitable, and inclusive organization that enables our students and staff to thrive. We are committed to building a hardworking team that reflects the diverse backgrounds and experiences of our students. At the same time, we work to ensure an inclusive community by creating a space for meaningful dialogue about issues of race and identity for our staff and students. As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.