- New York, NY, USA
- Hiring Start Time: Immediate Start (Home Office)
- HO Team: Financial Management
Uncommon Schools is a nonprofit network of high-performing charter public schools that are closing the academic achievement gap and preparing students from historically underserved communities for success in college and beyond. Uncommon currently manages 55 schools serving more than 20,000 students in six cities: Boston, Camden, New York City, Newark, Rochester, and Troy. Uncommon graduates persist in and graduate from college at rates far higher than their peers. We believe that every child deserves an outstanding education, and we are committed to working beyond the walls of our schools to achieve that goal through our professional development workshops, books, and district partnerships.
GENERAL SUMMARY: The Financial Analyst will support the Senior Associate Director of Financial Management (Sr. AD of FM) the annual budgeting process, the management of budgets throughout the year and analysis! The Analyst will work closely with the members of the team to support team initiatives and projects, and reporting and compliance, as needed.
Duties & responsibilities:
- Supports the annual budget development and management process through
- Conducts budget meetings with cross functional teams and report key takeaways
- Details all financial assumptions and financial projections through documentation
- Assists with pre-budgeting analysis and recommendations
- Provides financial management trainings for Team Leads and Budget Managers to develop an understanding of financial management and budgeting throughout the organization
- Reviews monthly reports and flags issues
- Supports development of Finance Committee materials
- Supports and executes on reporting and model maintenance
- Maintains the Home Office financial models with current and accurate information.
- Reports financials to states, regional teams, and other Home Office teams.
- Supports the development and implementation of team initiatives to build scalability and improve processes while maintaining high-quality service for our Home Office and Regional teams. Takes the lead on other special projects and requests, as needed.
- Performs various administrative and other related duties as assigned and required by the role.
- Required knowledge, skills & abilities:
- Strong understanding of finance principles.
- Ability to build and maintain systems that improve efficiency.
- A dedicated attention to detail and follow-through.
- Strong organization skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment; flexible, able to work autonomously as well as take direction as needed.
- Ability to work well in a team.
- Strong digital literacy (MS Excel, Word, Outlook, internet research, etc.).
- Educational background:
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Minimum 2-3 years of proven experience in a finance role, preferably in the banking, accounting or consulting industry.
Uncommon Schools offers salaries commensurate with experience and a very generous benefits and vacation package. All staff members receive extensive professional development, and are equipped with a laptop computer and all necessary supplies.
Uncommon believes in the importance of being a diverse, equitable and inclusive organization that enables our students and staff to thrive. We are committed to building a talented team that reflects the diverse backgrounds and experiences of our students. At the same time, we work to ensure an inclusive community through creating a space for meaningful dialogue about issues of race and identity for our staff and students. As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability.