- Newark, NJ, USA
- Hiring Start Time: Immediate Start (Home Office)
- HO Team: Recruitment
Uncommon Schools is a nonprofit network of high-performing charter public schools that are closing the academic achievement gap and preparing students from historically underserved communities for success in college and beyond. Uncommon currently manages 55 schools serving more than 20,000 students in six cities: Boston, Camden, New York City, Newark, Rochester, and Troy. Uncommon graduates persist in and graduate from college at rates far higher than their peers. We believe that every child deserves an outstanding education, and we are committed to working beyond the walls of our schools to achieve that goal through our professional development workshops, books, and district partnerships.
This role is responsible for leading and executing selection work for all instructional hiring across our six Newark Elementary Schools and other positions across the Newark region, such as, Dean of Students, Social Worker, PE, and Performing Arts teachers! They'll also own the referral bonus program payout process. They will ensure a strong candidate and leader experience by leading candidate communications and school leader relationships!
- Leads candidate relationships from recruitment through the application process, and enthusiastically communicates the benefits of working at Uncommon. Cares deeply about and can articulate a detailed understanding of Uncommon’s mission and schools (our Newark Region in particular).
- Handles leader relationships and collaborates with Assistant Superintendents to lead regional hiring, and to assess short and long-term talent needs and trends.
- Assesses all candidates via application review and screening; identifies and engages with strong candidates whose experience aligns with the needs of the role and our schools.
- Partners with school leaders to coordinate and run interview processes (in-person and virtual) with the goal of driving the selection process and ensuring candidates stay engaged and move through the process efficiently.
- Ensures accurate data in all of our recruitment systems; analyzes data to identify and address trends in real time and refine outreach and selection strategies as needed.
- Collaborates with Outreach Team regional partner to brainstorm effective strategies for attracting quality candidates to Uncommon
- Collaborates with the Selection Team to continue to strengthen our hiring systems/processes, and to support hiring across Uncommon as needed.
- Own the payout system for the referral bonus process.
- Dedication to our mission and an aim to build a high quality, diverse workforce at Uncommon to better serve our students, families, and communities.
- Excellent organization, time management, and follow-through
- Demonstrable ability to optimally balance multiple projects concurrently; ability to work independently and lead projects from start to finish.
- Outstanding problem-solving and critical thinking skills and desire to use data to drive decision-making.
- Ability to learn quickly, take initiative, and incorporate feedback in a multifaceted and results-oriented environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills particularly when presenting to senior leaders.
- Ability to develop systems that achieve efficiency.
- Ability to encourage top educators to join staff of Uncommon schools.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2-4 years of work experience
- Experience with Recruitment Technology Systems
- Experience with recruitment, customer management, and/or project management
- Experience working in Recruitment within a hard-working organization and driven talent market preferred
Uncommon Schools offers salaries commensurate with experience and a very generous benefits and vacation package. All staff members receive extensive professional development, and are equipped with a laptop computer and all necessary supplies.
Uncommon believes in the importance of being a diverse, equitable and inclusive organization that enables our students and staff to thrive. We are committed to building a talented team that reflects the diverse backgrounds and experiences of our students. At the same time, we work to ensure an inclusive community through creating a space for meaningful dialogue about issues of race and identity for our staff and students. As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability.