Talent Recruiter (Rochester)
- Rochester, NY, USA
- Hiring Start Time: Immediate Start (Home Office)
- HO Team: Recruitment
Uncommon Schools is a nonprofit network of high-performing charter public schools that are closing the academic achievement gap and preparing students from historically underserved communities for success in college and beyond. Uncommon currently manages 55 schools serving more than 20,000 students in six cities: Boston, Camden, New York City, Newark, Rochester, and Troy. Uncommon graduates persist in and graduate from college at rates far higher than their peers. We believe that every child deserves an outstanding education, and we are committed to working beyond the walls of our schools to achieve that goal through our professional development workshops, books, and district partnerships.
This role is responsible for developing and executing outreach strategies to source teachers, instructional leaders, operations staff, and regional team candidates for our seven schools in Rochester, New York! They will build comprehensive, documented diversity recruitment strategies, and report on and present these strategies to organizational leaders!
- Build comprehensive community-based pipelines to source early career and experienced high-quality candidates to Rochester, NY.
- Identify, establish, develop, and maintain positive relationships with local and regional organizations and partners that provide high quality and diverse talent to schools
- Develop and facilitate virtual and on-campus recruitment events and initiatives at colleges and universities and for organizations (career fairs, information sessions, panels, professional learning, etc.) including management of undergraduate recruitment fellows.
- Use recruitment tools to source high-quality talent.
- Write creative and compelling communications to promote career opportunities to target audiences and move partners to action.
- Strengthen communication and relationships with school leaders and Selection recruiters to assess short and long-term talent needs and trends
Required Skills and Abilities
- Dedication to the mission of Uncommon Schools, and drive to build a high quality, diverse workforce at Uncommon to better serve our students, families, and communities
- Ability to develop, implement, assess, and evaluate goals, strategies, projects, and initiatives
- Ability to successfully handle multiple tasks and responsibilities
- Demonstrable track record to take multiple perspectives to tackle challenges in real-time
- Ability to utilize data to inform practices and build short-term and long-term goals
- Ability to collect and apply input from managers or team members to achieve strong results
- Ability to self-reflect and self-assess workstreams
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to learn quickly and take initiative in a fast-paced, multifaceted, results-oriented environment
- Experience with Recruitment Tools (Handshake, LinkedIn Recruiter, Indeed, Symplicity, Textio, Grammarly)
- Background in Education Talent Recruitment in a resource restrained organization
- Experience running projects and multiple tasks simultaneously
- Background in a people-related field (campus tour-guide; sales)
- Experience teaching or working in the classroom
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum of 2 years experience as a full-time teacher in a charter school setting or 2 years of professional experience in a resource-constrained organization (nonprofit or school recruitment, external affairs, or communications role)
- Familiarity with or connection to Rochester, NY
- Will be required to carry collateral to set up for small and large scale events (Career Fair Backdrops, recruitment collateral, and swag. (will be provided with additional carry on suitcase specifically for Recruitment collateral)
- Set up for events in schools (requires some moving of furniture)
Uncommon Schools offers salaries commensurate with experience and a very generous benefits and vacation package. All staff members receive extensive professional development, and are equipped with a laptop computer and all necessary supplies.
Uncommon believes in the importance of being a diverse, equitable and inclusive organization that enables our students and staff to thrive. We are committed to building a talented team that reflects the diverse backgrounds and experiences of our students. At the same time, we work to ensure an inclusive community through creating a space for meaningful dialogue about issues of race and identity for our staff and students. As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability.