Associate Director of Enrollment
- Camden, NJ, USA
- Hiring Start Time: Immediate Start (SY 20-21)
Uncommon Schools is a non-profit network of 55 outstanding public charter schools in grades K-12 across New York, New Jersey and Massachusetts. Our mission is to start and manage outstanding urban public charter schools that close the achievement gap and prepare students from low-income backgrounds for success in college and beyond. We are accomplishing that mission every day, with a college graduation rate that is well above the national average and thousands of stories of our students and alumni achieving their dreams.
The Associate Director of Enrollment will serve as the leader and manager of student recruitment and enrollment for the Camden region! They will develop and implement marketing approaches and drive outreach strategy to increase awareness, support prospective families, and generate new student applications to our schools! They will report to the Director of Enrollment at the Home Office, providing input on overall strategy, and will work closely with school and regional leaders in Camden, members of teams in other Uncommon regions, as well as members of Uncommon’s home office teams.
Core Duties & Responsibilities
- Project Ownership and Support
- Lead and execute on the recruitment and enrollment strategy
- Strategize marketing initiatives to support recruitment efforts
- Build partnerships with community organizations and leaders to increase awareness
- Drive outreach efforts to reach prospective parents, in connection with school teams
- Drive all enrollment related communication and training to schools and school operations teams
- Track progress around outreach efforts, analyze data, and design action plans in response to data.
- Team Management
- Manage two part-time recruitment coordinators
- Own data management systems and analysis
- Develop and own the regional student recruitment team budget
Required Skills & Abilities
- Organization and project management skills
- Excellent supervisory and leadership skills
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills
- Strong customer service approach and interpersonal skills
- Strong flexibility and resourcefulness
- Strong digital literacy, including Google applications, Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Able to work with and present data in professional and compelling manner
- Strong public speaking and engaging when presenting to large groups
- Personable and able to build connections with a variety of stakeholders
Preferred Skills & Abilities
- Fluency in Spanish
- Experience with SchoolMint
- Understanding of K-12 education landscape, preferably with charter schools.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 3+ years professional experience working with schools and families, prefer experience in leading community organizing and engagement and/or sales
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at a time
- Must be able to walk for up to 3 hours at a time
- Local travel in and around the Camden area
Uncommon Schools offers competitive salaries commensurate with experience and a comprehensive benefits package. Aside from extensive professional development, all our staff members are equipped with a laptop computer, email, and all necessary supplies.
Uncommon believes in the importance of being a diverse, equitable and inclusive organization that enables our students and staff to thrive. We are committed to building a talented team that reflects the diverse backgrounds and experiences of our students. At the same time, we work to ensure an inclusive community through creating a space for important dialogue about issues of race and identity for our staff and students. As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability.