System Analyst, Workday
- New York, NY, USA
- Hiring Start Time: Immediate Start (Home Office)
- HO Team: Information Technology and Data Management
Uncommon Schools is a nonprofit network of high-performing charter public schools that are closing the academic achievement gap and preparing students from historically underserved communities for success in college and beyond. Uncommon currently manages 55 schools serving more than 20,000 students in six cities: Boston, Camden, New York City, Newark, Rochester, and Troy. Uncommon graduates persist in and graduate from college at rates far higher than their peers. We believe that every child deserves an outstanding education, and we are committed to working beyond the walls of our schools to achieve that goal through our professional development workshops, books, and district partnerships.
Uncommon’s Data & IT (D&IT) team is undergoing an exciting transformation to improve technology operations and systems! We are seeking a skilled Technical Analyst with experience in large-scale ERP implementations, ongoing management of the ERP system, and management of data housed in the system. This role will act as a domain specialist on our ERP projects and collaborate with all levels of the Talent, Accounting, Finance, IT, and school-based teams and will supervise the planning, prioritization, and execution of the system roadmap!
The Analyst supports the ERP System Managers to ensure the functionality, including but not limited to change management, optimization, and system security. This role is also responsible for supporting them with documentation of system processes and procedures, assisting in the training of a variety of end-users.
Core Duties & Responsibilities
Integration Development & Management
- In collaboration with the ERP System Manager, design, test, program and develop system improvements and/or modifications as they fit into our customer and user requirements
- Prepare and maintain the vital documentation for proposed changes
- Serve as a domain specialist, including on system architecture
- Ability to communicate ideas in user-friendly and technical language
- Committed to ensuring the accurate adoption, maintenance, and support of our ERP system and to improve our operational efficiency
- Lead system upgrades, ensure data backups, test new features, and functionality additions
- Independently create detailed communication and change management plans for workstreams including simple, creative ways to explain sophisticated information for clear decision-making
- Collaborate with Talent, Accounting, Finance, and Operations team leaders to identify and implement methods for improving current processes, promoting process standardization, efficiency, and standard methodologies within the bounds of the system.
- Collaborate with System Managers to design and maintain a technology ecosystem that takes full advantage of the features available in each platform and collectively follow the IT change request process
- Supervise application integration with 3rd parties' applications, including reporting/business intelligence systems, and payroll.
- Stay up-to-date on the latest technology and software for integration to improve processes and user interaction with Workday.
- Translate business needs into detailed requirements and solutions that allow Workday capabilities and functionality to drive efficiencies and process maturity
- Create technical requirements documentation, processes and deliver training to partners
- Responsible for all steps of report writing, including gathering requirements, designing, developing, and testing new reports
- Develop reports of varying complexity, layouts, and analytics for business purposes
- Provide domain expertise on Workday Reporting standard methodologies
- Become a Workday specialist with deep knowledge of current functionality and the ecosystem design concepts
- Identify new ways that Workday can be used and future product direction
- Support the implementation and roll-out of new features or modules within Workday
- Work closely with functional teams across the organization, including HCM, Compensation, Payroll, Benefits, Financials, and Talent, along with members of the Data and IT Team
Required Skills & Abilities
- High attention to detail
- Solid understanding of APIs used for Workday integrations
- Ability to work on multiple projects and change priorities as needed
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to collaborate with others, at all levels
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to translate complex requirements
- Experience in building and maintaining Workday reports, including calculated fields
- Commitment to providing access to meaningful data
- Demonstrable ability to diagnose issues, identify root causes, and implement effective solutions
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills
- Comfort with ambiguity
- A willingness to take ownership of an issue, and drive it to resolution
- Strong organizational systems for both self and others to ensure accountability for timely, high-quality outcomes
Preferred Skills & Abilities
- Experience with data extraction and creating structured data sets
- Solid understanding of SQL or other data specific programming languages
- Workday certified
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Must have at least 3 years experience in a Workday system management, as part of a large-scale Workday implementation
- 1-2 years using APIs related to Workday Integration
- Must have knowledge of the Workday ecosystem, including HCM, Finance, Benefits, Talent, Payroll, and Absence and Time Tracking
- Experience gathering requirements, designing, prototyping, testing, and deploying solutions to meet partner requirements
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Working on a computer involving video and audio
Uncommon Schools offers salaries commensurate with experience and a very generous benefits and vacation package. All staff members receive extensive professional development, and are equipped with a laptop computer and all necessary supplies.
Uncommon believes in the importance of being a diverse, equitable and inclusive organization that enables our students and staff to thrive. We are committed to building a talented team that reflects the diverse backgrounds and experiences of our students. At the same time, we work to ensure an inclusive community through creating a space for meaningful dialogue about issues of race and identity for our staff and students. As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability.