Talent Recruiter (Camden)
- Camden, NJ, USA
- Hiring Start Time: Immediate Start (Home Office)
- HO Team: Recruitment
Uncommon Schools is a nonprofit network of high-performing charter public schools that are closing the academic achievement gap and preparing students from historically underserved communities for success in college and beyond. Uncommon currently manages 55 schools serving more than 20,000 students in six cities: Boston, Camden, New York City, Newark, Rochester, and Troy. Uncommon graduates persist in and graduate from college at rates far higher than their peers. We believe that every child deserves an outstanding education, and we are committed to working beyond the walls of our schools to achieve that goal through our professional development workshops, books, and district partnerships.
The Camden Outreach Recruiter will serve as an Uncommon Schools ambassador and conduct local searches to identify diverse, high-quality teachers and operations staff for our four K-12 Schools in Camden, New Jersey! The ideal candidate is an innovative and strategic problem solver who takes the initiative and ownership of responsibilities, project results, and tasks.
- Demonstrate and articulate a detailed understanding of the Uncommon Schools mission
- Build and implement targeted strategies that attract diverse quality school-based staff
- Partner with leaders from various non-profits, colleges, and universities to plan and implement on-campus recruitment events and initiatives (career fairs, information sessions, panels, etc.)
- Strengthen regional relationships with social impact organizations and talent agencies to increase the awareness of Uncommon Schools' brands
- Identify and develop initiatives to source diverse talent from historically underrepresented groups
- Use recruitment tools (SmartRecruiters ATS, resume databases, LinkedIn Recruiter, Indeed, Handshake, and spreadsheets) to source high-quality talent
- Build and sustain systems and processes that lead to more efficient sourcing of candidates
- Write creative and compelling communications to promote career opportunities to target audiences and move partners to action (professors, faculty, AmeriCorps staff, mission-aligned organizations, etc.)
- Uses data to adjust outreach strategies, support recommendations, and drive outreach decisions
- Collaborate with school leaders and Selection recruiters to assess short and long-term talent needs and trends
- Supports sourcing across all 6 regions and Home Office as needed
- Travel 30% to local events as well as other Uncommon regions to engage with high-quality candidates
- You are committed to our mission to prepare students for success in college and beyond!
- You develop, implement, assess, and evaluate goals, strategies, projects, and initiatives
- You can lead multiple projects, tasks, and responsibilities simultaneously in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment
- You have a confirmed ability to take multiple perspectives to tackle challenges in real-time
- You use data to inform practices and build short-term and long-term goals
- You collect and apply input from managers or team members to achieve strong results
- You proactively reflect and self-assess workstreams
- You bring strong attention to detail and use time and task management systems to stay organized
- You are familiar with Google Suite products such as Google Docs, Google Sheets, and Google Forms
- You have excellent oral and written communication skills
- You have a proven passion for diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Bachelor's degree required
- Experience as a full-time, K-12 teacher in an urban environment or AmeriCorps experience is preferred
Uncommon Schools offers salaries commensurate with experience and a very generous benefits and vacation package. All staff members receive extensive professional development, and are equipped with a laptop computer and all necessary supplies.
Uncommon believes in the importance of being a diverse, equitable and inclusive organization that enables our students and staff to thrive. We are committed to building a talented team that reflects the diverse backgrounds and experiences of our students. At the same time, we work to ensure an inclusive community through creating a space for meaningful dialogue about issues of race and identity for our staff and students. As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability.