Special Projects Coordinator (Maternity Leave - Immediate - SY 20-21)
- Newark, NJ, USA
- Hiring Start Time: Immediate Start (SY 20-21)
Uncommon Schools (Uncommon) is a nonprofit organization that starts and manages outstanding urban charter public schools that close the achievement gap and prepare low-income students to graduate from college. Uncommon builds uncommonly great schools by developing and managing regional networks that are philosophically aligned and highly accountable and by designing and implementing “best-in-class” teacher training. The organization has achieved outstanding academic results based on internal assessments, statewide exams, and graduation milestones. Its schools consistently outperform their district schools and are among the highest-performing urban schools in their cities and states. To learn more about Uncommon click here,
The Special Projects Coordinators plays a central role in ensuring their campus has effective and orderly school systems. The Special Projects Coordinator is a primary owner of a variety of systems within the school including: planning parent-teacher conferences and awards nights, the ordering and management of student breakfasts and lunches, after-school enrichment, maintaining technology throughout the building as well as maximizing daily systems through documentation and internal auditing. The SPC also assists with state testing compliance and execution the Special Projects Coordinator interacts with a wide variety of constituents and must be able to communicate effectively with students, teachers, families, trustees, donors, and visitors. The Special Projects Coordinator will report directly to the Director of Operations. The Special Projects Coordinator is an entry-level position on our school operations team, and recent college graduates are encouraged to apply.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written;
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office, Word, Excel and Access;
- Displays maturity and ability to work independently;
- Communicates well with others and demonstrates strong interpersonal skills with students, parents, colleagues and community members;
- Enjoys working with children of all ages;
- Detailed-oriented, strong follow-through skills;
- Strong time management skills; ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and meet tight deadlines;
- Prior project planning experience preferred;
- Prior experience working in schools and/or urban communities; relentless commitment to mission of educating urban students;
- Bachelor’s degree required.
We offer a generous compensation package which includes a competitive hourly rate and comprehensive health benefits. Aside from extensive professional development, all our staff members are equipped with a laptop computer, email, high-speed internet access, and all necessary supplies.
The foregoing information is requested for mandatory government reporting purposes only. As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other category protected by applicable law.