Talent Recruiter (Central Office)
- New York, NY, USA
- Hiring Start Time: Immediate Start (Home Office)
- HO Team: Recruitment
Uncommon Schools is a nonprofit network of 55 high-performing charter public schools that are closing the academic achievement gap and preparing students from historically underserved communities for success in college and beyond. Uncommon currently manages schools serving more than 21,000 students in six cities: Boston, Camden, New York City, Newark, Rochester, and Troy.
The Home Office Outreach Recruiter will serve as an Uncommon Schools ambassador who conducts local and national searches to identify diverse, high-quality staff for our 25 Home Office teams and school-based Operations Fellowship across New York, New Jersey, and Massachusetts. The ideal candidate is an innovative strategic thinker who takes the initiative and ownership of responsibilities, project deliverables, and tasks.
- Demonstrate and articulate a thorough understanding of the benefits and merits of working for a charter management organization
- Partner with hiring managers to develop ideal candidate profiles to drive recruitment strategies focused on school leadership and Home Office.
- Strengthen regional and national relationships with social impact organizations and talent agencies to increase awareness of the Uncommon Schools
- Manage information sessions and attend career fairs (in-person and virtual) and other networking events
- Research advertising mediums for job postings and candidate sourcing platforms
- Manages candidate relationships from the initial point of contact to the point of application submission
- Use recruitment tools (SmartRecruiters ATS, SmartCRM, resume databases, LinkedIn Recruiter, Indeed, Handshake, and spreadsheets) to source high-quality talent
- Write creative and compelling communications to promote career opportunities to target audiences and move partners to action (Professors, MBA Career Services, AmeriCorps staff, mission-aligned organizations, etc.)
- Use data to adjust outreach strategies, support recommendations, and drive outreach decision
- Travel to Uncommon regions and nationally*Due to COVID-19, recruitment travel has been suspended
- Perform other related duties as needed
- You are committed to our mission to prepare students for success in college and beyond
- You develop, implement, monitor, and evaluate goals, strategies, projects, and initiatives
- You can manage multiple projects, tasks, and responsibilities simultaneously in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- You have a proven ability to take multiple perspectives to solve challenges in real-time
- You leverage data to inform practices and build short-term and long-term goals
- You collect and apply input from managers or team members to achieve strong results
- You proactively self-reflect and self-assess workstreams
- You bring strong attention to detail and use time and task management systems to stay organized
- You are familiar with Google Suite products such as Google Docs, Google Sheets, and Google Forms
- You have excellent oral and written communication skills
- You have a demonstrated passion for diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Bachelor's degree from a competitive college or university
- Experience as a full-time recruiter is preferred
Uncommon Schools offer salaries commensurate with experience and generous benefits and vacation package. All staff members receive extensive professional development, a laptop computer, and all necessary supplies.
Uncommon believes in the importance of being a diverse, equitable, and inclusive organization that enables our students and staff to thrive. We are committed to building a hardworking team that reflects the diverse backgrounds and experiences of our students. At the same time, we work to ensure an inclusive community by creating a space for meaningful dialogue about issues of race and identity for our staff and students. As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.