Office Manager (Immediate Start)
- Troy, NY, USA
- Hiring Start Time: Immediate Start (SY 20-21)
Uncommon Schools is a non-profit network of 53 outstanding public charter schools in grades K-12 across New York, New Jersey and Massachusetts. Our mission is to start and manage outstanding urban public charter schools that close the achievement gap and prepare students from low-income backgrounds for success in college and beyond. We are accomplishing that mission every day, with a college graduation rate that is well above the national average and thousands of stories of our students and alumni achieving their dreams.
Office Managers play a central role in ensuring that both students and families have a wonderful experience at our schools and have everything they need to succeed. The office manager plays a primary role in coordinating the school administrative systems and routines that allow the school to run on a daily basis including: financial management through placing orders and processing invoices, managing student enrollment, serving as the primary caretaker of student information, and maintaining school inventory systems. Additionally, the Office Manager functions as the primary contact for all of the school’s constituents. In this role, the Office Manager must be able to communicate effectively with students, teachers, families, trustees, donors, and visitors. The Office Manager is an entry-level position on our school operations team, and recent college graduates are encouraged to apply.
- 1-3 years of teaching or administrative office experience (preferred);
- Detailed-oriented, strong follow-through skills;
- Ability to take initiative, prioritize tasks, and work independently;
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written;
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office, Word, Excel and Access;
- Displays maturity and ability to work independently;
- Demonstrated flexibility, maturity and ability to juggle competing priorities;
- Communicates well with others and demonstrates strong interpersonal skills with students, parents, colleagues and community members;
- Ability to maintain a calm, professional demeanor in the face of competing demands and external pressures;
- Prior experience working in schools and/or urban communities is preferred;
- Flexibility and a sense of humor;
- Enjoys working with children of all ages; and
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred.
We offer a generous compensation package which includes a competitive hourly rate and comprehensive health benefits. Aside from extensive professional development, all our staff members are equipped with a laptop computer, email, and all necessary supplies.
Uncommon believes in the importance of being a diverse, equitable and inclusive organization that enables our students and staff to thrive. We are committed to building a talented team that reflects the diverse backgrounds and experiences of our students. At the same time, we work to ensure an inclusive community through creating a space for important dialogue about issues of race and identity for our staff and students. As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability.