- Camden, NJ, USA
- Hiring Start Time: Immediate Start (Home Office)
- HO Team: Recruitment
External Title: Recruitment Associate
Internal Title: Associate Director of Recruitment, Camden
Uncommon Schools is a non-profit network of 53 outstanding public charter schools in grades K-12 across New York, New Jersey and Massachusetts. Our mission is to start and manage outstanding urban public charter schools that close the achievement gap and prepare students from low-income backgrounds for success in college and beyond. We are accomplishing that mission every day, with a college graduation rate that is well above the national average and thousands of stories of our students and alumni achieving their dreams.
General Summary: The Recruitment team makes close to one thousand annual hires to support our growing network of schools! This role will provide crucial support in hiring for all Uncommon positions in our New Jersey region, with primary support given to our Camden region and secondary support to our Newark region, by building and maintaining team systems and procedures. The duties below represent some of the responsibilities of the Recruitment Associate. We are looking for someone who is excited to support the growth of our smallest region, Camden, as we increase our impact!
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Cares deeply about and can articulate a thorough understanding of Uncommon Schools, and about our New Jersey regions in particular, and communicates enthusiastically to candidates the benefits and merits of working at Uncommon and its schools.
- Manages candidate relationships from recruitment through the application process, and enthusiastically communicates the benefits of working at Uncommon Schools.
- Assesses all candidates via application review, phone and video screening, and partners closely with school leaders to coordinate and run in-person-interview processes.
- Ensures accurate data in all of our recruitment systems and analyzes data to identify and address trends in real time and make changes to selection strategies as needed.
Required knowledge, skills & characteristics:
- Passionate commitment to the mission of Uncommon Schools.
- You are influential—you use your effective communication skills to get diverse audiences excited about your ideas and initiatives
- You are a self-starter—you enjoy collaboration, but still know how essential it is to work independently to push forward towards the goal of the team
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment and you are flexible and able to adapt when needed
- People look to you for solutions—you have good relationships with the people with whom you work, and your colleagues trust that you will take their perspective into account
- You get things done! You have a “whatever it takes” attitude and thrive on getting results. You expertly manage your time and priorities
- You’re a systematic thinker—you enjoy organizing information and input from different collaborators and creating an efficient and scalable system to move work forward
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Willingness and ability to travel
Uncommon Schools offers salaries commensurate with experience and a very generous benefits and vacation package. All staff members receive extensive professional development and are equipped with a laptop computer and all necessary supplies.
Uncommon Schools believes in the importance of being a diverse, equitable and inclusive organization that enables our students and staff to thrive. We are committed to building a talented team that reflects the diverse backgrounds and experiences of our students. At the same time, we work to ensure an inclusive community through creating a space for meaningful dialogue about issues of race and identity for our staff and students. As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability.