Associate of Data Reporting and Analytics
- Newark, NJ, USA
- Hiring Start Time: Immediate Start (Home Office)
- HO Team: Uncommon-Wide Operations
Uncommon Schools (Uncommon) Uncommon Schools is a nonprofit network of high-performing public schools that are increasing the academic achievement of historically under-resourced communities and preparing students for success in college and beyond. Uncommon currently manages 54 schools serving more than 20,000 students in six cities: Boston, Camden, New York City, Newark, Rochester, and Troy. We have achieved outstanding academic results based on internal assessments, statewide exams, and graduation milestones.
Internal Job Title: Network Special Projects Manager - Data Reporting and Analysis
Location(s): Newark, NJ
Team: Newark Regional School Support Team (Operations)
About the Role
The Associate of Data Reporting and Analytics is responsible for leading and stewarding student and teacher data for state, federal and local reporting and compliance for all of Uncommon’s New Jersey schools! The Associate is also responsible for a number of other critical work streams for schools and the region. The position is on the Newark regional operations team, and will report to the Newark Director of School Support. The position will work closely with school and regional leaders in Newark, members of regional operations teams in Camden and New York City, as well members of Uncommon’s Home Office teams.
- Own the management of local, state, and other compliance and data reporting across the state, including:
- Develop and keep deep understanding of local, state, and federal reporting requirements for all of Uncommon's New Jersey-based schools;
- Develop systems for data collection, preparation, and validation for all of New Jersey allow school operations teams to focus on their most critical work whenever possible;
- Build systems and provide expertise and support to the Associate Director of School Support in Camden in handling their schools’ New Jersey reporting;
- Management of compliance and data reporting, including:
- Work with local, New Jersey, federal, and other systems and portals to report student data
- Run tracking systems for food service compliance
- Lead data collection and reporting for Charter Renewal and annual reporting.
- Work closely with Newark school-based operations teams to handle timelines for data submission to ensure collection, preparation, accuracy, and validation
- Collaborate with Uncommon’s central data management team to streamline the collection and management of student and staff data, including:
- Collect state exam scores;
- Lead use of regional tools used to monitor data, including coordination with vendors as needed;
- Ensure school data accuracy by conducting data audits and coordinating with schools, regions, and central office teams to improve systems supporting data accuracy; and
- Define and document data collection processes.
- Teacher certification data: Maintain teacher certification records as needed in service of compliance as well as meeting certification goals
- Billing and Enrollment
- Lead and coordinate all billing pertaining to student enrollment, collaborating closely with HO accounting teams
- In coordination with Senior Associate Director of Student Recruitment and Enrollment, monitor student enrollment and record compliance documentation and handle student transfers
- Complete various projects related to data integrity and systems at the organization-wide, regional, and school level;
- Data analysis projects, as assigned by the Managing Director of Operations for NJ and MA, the Associate Chief Operating Officers, and Director of School Support in New Jersey.
- Additional duties and projects as needed and assigned in support of Newark schools
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s Degree a plus;
- At least five years of work experience;
- Strong digital literacy, especially with Microsoft Excel;
- Familiarity with PowerSchool or other student data management systems preferred;
- Excellent organizational and project leadership skills;
- Strong customer service approach and communication skills;
- Familiarity with local and State Data Platforms preferred;
- A desire to work on a hard-working team and tackle additional projects, be creative, and propose new solutions;
- Prior experience working in schools and/or urban communities is preferred
- Consistent track record and ability to be self-directed and take initiative as well as to work collaboratively
- Quick and effective learner in a fast paced, dynamic, entrepreneurial environment that proactively seeks feedback to improve
- Proven track record of successfully balancing multiple projects concurrently
Uncommon Schools offers salaries commensurate with experience and a very generous benefits and vacation package. All staff members receive extensive professional development, and are equipped with a laptop computer and all necessary supplies.
Uncommon believes in the importance of being a diverse, equitable and inclusive organization that enables our students and staff to thrive. We are committed to building a talented team that reflects the diverse backgrounds and experiences of our students. At the same time, we work to ensure an inclusive community through creating a space for meaningful dialogue about issues of race and identity for our staff and students. As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability.