Senior Marketing Specialist
- New York, NY, USA
- Hiring Start Time: Immediate Start (Home Office)
- HO Team: Marketing
Uncommon Schools (Uncommon) Uncommon Schools is a nonprofit network of high-performing public schools that are increasing the academic achievement of historically under-resourced communities and preparing students for success in college and beyond. Uncommon currently manages 54 schools serving more than 20,000 students in six cities: Boston, Camden, New York City, Newark, Rochester, and Troy. We have achieved outstanding academic results based on internal assessments, statewide exams, and graduation milestones.
External Title: Senior Marketing Specialist
Internal Title: Senior Associate Director of Marketing
The Senior Associate Director of Marketing (SAD) leads key strategic initiatives and critical, ongoing core workstreams. The role has a direct impact on the trajectory of students’ success through owning, planning, and executing in key support areas like student recruiting, development, branding, external affairs and staff recruiting. The position is a fit for marketing specialists that excel at wearing many hats, tapping into their expertise, and working within a fluid team environment.
Our work and 5-person team are growing! This new position will report to the Director of Marketing and work alongside peers determined to deliver powerful marketing value in support of our mission. The right candidate will be positioned to lead and support the team’s fast-growing scope.
- Lead integrated marketing performance (advertising, website, email, social, print, etc.) and measurement efforts for student enrollment across all 6 Uncommon regions.
- Own, plan and implement priority initiatives in department’s strategic map such as Uncommon’s website and SEO workstream.
- Serve as project manager and thought partner for ongoing and new workstreams that partner with home office, region and school teams.
- Use expertise to improve marketing delivery effectiveness via editing, design perspective, campaign execution, branding, program development and associated workstreams.
- Additional responsibilities as needed and assigned.
- 4-5+ years experience with marketing performance and campaign emphasis.
- Bachelors degree required. Ideally in marketing, business or associated field.
- Experience building and implementing multi-channel marketing programs (acquisition, awareness and/or nurturing elements) whether leading or teaming with third party agency.
- Robust understanding of digital channels and standard methodologies (SEO, SEM, email, retargeting, etc.)
- Analysis and analytics storytelling capabilities (Google Analytics, LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
- Detail-orientation, notable ability to pivot and a desire to take the reins.
- Craving to grow, learn and get the job done well!
- Inventive, ambitious and able to independently prioritize in a multifaceted, ever changing environment.
Uncommon Schools offers salaries commensurate with experience and a very generous benefits and vacation package. All staff members receive extensive professional development, and are equipped with a laptop computer and all necessary supplies.
Uncommon believes in the importance of being a diverse, equitable and inclusive organization that enables our students and staff to thrive. We are committed to building a talented team that reflects the diverse backgrounds and experiences of our students. At the same time, we work to ensure an inclusive community through creating a space for meaningful dialogue about issues of race and identity for our staff and students. As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability.