Associate Director, Recruitment
- Troy, NY, USA
- Hiring Start Time: Immediate Start (Home Office)
- HO Team: Recruitment
Uncommon Schools is a non-profit network of 54 outstanding public charter schools in grades K-12 across New York, New Jersey and Massachusetts. Our mission is to start and manage outstanding urban public charter schools that prepare students from low-income backgrounds for success in college and beyond. We are accomplishing that mission every day, with a college graduation rate that is well above the national average and thousands of stories of our students and alumni achieving their dreams.
The Associate Director of Recruitment will be responsible for three specific work streams:
- Selecting strong candidates for Uncommon's Schools in Troy: Troy Prep Elementary, Middle, and High School
- Providing support for Uncommon-wide recruitment processes on both our outreach and selection teams and managing several small strategic projects
- Providing flexible selection support for Uncommon's other regions as needed
Support for Troy Prep will be the primary responsibility of the Associate Director of Recruitment and will take up 30-80% of the Recruiter's time depending on the time of year.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Cares Deeply about and can articulate a thorough understanding of Uncommon Schools and Troy Prep
- Manages candidate relationships from recruitment through the application process, and enthusiastically communicates the benefits of working at Uncommon Schools.
- Assesses all candidates via application review, phone and video screening, and partners closely with school leaders to coordinate and run in-person-interview processes with the goal of driving the selection process and ensuring candidates move through the application process efficiently.
- Ensures accurate data in all of our recruitment systems and analyzes data to identify and address trends in real time and make changes to outreach and selection strategies as needed.
- Supports Uncommon's Recruitment Team by providing administrative support for key processes and project managing special projects
- Driven and energized by the knowledge that he/she is helping build a diverse workforce at Uncommon to better serve our students, families, and communities.
- Passionate dedication to the mission of Uncommon Schools
- Excellent organization, time management, and follow-through; high sense of urgency
- Demonstrated ability to successfully balance multiple projects concurrently and work independently.
- Outstanding problem-solving and critical thinking skills and desire to use data to drive decision-making
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to develop systems that achieve efficiency and scalability.
- Ability to learn quickly and to be effective and take initiative in a fast-paced, dynamic, ambitious environment.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Willingness and ability to travel
Uncommon Schools offers salaries commensurate with experience and a comprehensive and highly competitive benefits package. Aside from extensive professional development, all our staff members are equipped with a laptop computer, email, and all necessary supplies.
Uncommon believes in the importance of being a diverse, equitable and inclusive organization that enables our students and staff to thrive. We are committed to building a talented team that reflects the diverse backgrounds and experiences of our students. At the same time, we work to ensure an inclusive community through creating a space for meaningful dialogue about issues of race and identity for our staff and students. As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability.