- New York, NY, USA
- Hiring Start Time: Immediate Start (Home Office)
- HO Team: Human Resources
Uncommon Schools (Uncommon) Uncommon Schools is a nonprofit network of high-performing public schools that are increasing the academic achievement of historically under-resourced communities and preparing students for success in college and beyond. Uncommon currently manages 54 schools serving more than 20,000 students in six cities: Boston, Camden, New York City, Newark, Rochester, and Troy. We have achieved outstanding academic results based on internal assessments, statewide exams, and graduation milestones.
Human Resources Team Overview
The Uncommon Human Resources (HR)team is based in New York City and provides HR support to 2,400+ staff members across 54 schools and the Home Office (HO). Working in close collaboration with regional and school leaders, as well as HO managers, this 12-person team provides HR operations services including: on and offboarding, compensation and benefits administration, workplace policies administration and maintenance, and employee data management. The team also works closely with Uncommon’s other Talent teams, including Recruitment and Talent Development to deliver an outstanding employee experience!
The HR team is undergoing an exciting transformation to improve HR operations and systems. We are actively seeking a HRIS Analyst to join our HR team. This role will be responsible for the system maintenance, day-to-day support, as well as reporting, analytics, and data quality. The HRIS Analyst supports the HRIS manager to ensure data integrity for the HR systems, including but not limited to ADP WFN, ADP Enhanced Time & Attendance, SmartRecruiters (ATS) and Docusign. This role is also responsible for supporting the HRIS Manager with documentation of system processes and procedures, assisting in the training of end-users across the organization. Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Maintaining system integrity by conducting routine audits of assigned modules/systems.
- Analyzing, identifying and correcting technical problems and deficiencies.
- Maintaining quality and consistency of employee database.
- Keeping up to date with system upgrades and notify appropriate users accordingly. Attending training on new HRIS products and services as needed.
Data Collection and Management
- In collaboration with the HRIS Manager and HR team, work with regional leaders to refine the employee data collection and management processes, ensure historical and current data is accurate, and key data needs are met.
- Review historical data, fix incorrect data, identify and collect missing data.
- Quality check, clean, manipulate, and merge data in preparation for reporting and analyses.
- Developing and maintaining HR dashboards and various analytics. Completing standard report and audit requests.
Training and Documentation:
- Providing instruction and guidance to administrators and staff on the use and functions of HRIS and other technologies. Developing instructional guides for administrators and staff.
- Document system processes and procedures
- Become an organizational resource with solid knowledge of student and staff information.
- Identify standard methodologies in data analysis inside and outside of Uncommon;
- Help support the development of analytical ability within other Home Office, regional and school-based teams through the creation and delivery of training and tools.
Security and Reporting
- Lead user system access and maintenance of system tables. Ensuring all access is appropriate per country, state, and local legislations based on privacy laws Uncommon policies.
- Responsible for configuring data workflow including access permissions, work groups, approval paths, business rules, and activity configuration.
- Bachelor’s degree in HR, IT Systems or related preferred
- Experience with ADP WFN in the past year, including system configuration, reporting, etc.
- 4+ years working knowledge of HR processes and policies (e.g. compensation, onboarding, payroll, time and attendance, etc.)
- Knowledge of relevant country, federal, state, and local laws, regulations, and PII regulations.
- Advanced Excel and analytical skills preferred.
Skills and Experience
- Excellent organization, time management and follow-up skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with a diverse set of partners
- Strong relationship/stakeholder management skills
- Willingness to perform hands-on work as well as assist in strategic projects
- Demonstrated ability to be proactive and take initiative
- Ability to learn quickly and to be self-directed in a fast-paced, dynamic and entrepreneurial environment
- Strong work ethic and dedication to high standards of excellence coupled with an enthusiastic approach to one’s work
- Driven to improve and very receptive to feedback.
Uncommon Schools offers salaries commensurate with experience and a very generous benefits and vacation package. All staff members receive extensive professional development, and are equipped with a laptop computer and all necessary supplies.
Uncommon believes in the importance of being a diverse, equitable and inclusive organization that enables our students and staff to thrive. We are committed to building a talented team that reflects the diverse backgrounds and experiences of our students. At the same time, we work to ensure an inclusive community through creating a space for meaningful dialogue about issues of race and identity for our staff and students. As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability.