Network Special Projects Manager - Systems (Immediate Start)
- Newark, NJ, USA
- Hiring Start Time: Immediate Start (SY 19-20)
Uncommon Schools is a non-profit network of 53 outstanding public charter schools in grades K-12 across New York, New Jersey and Massachusetts. Our mission is to start and manage outstanding urban public charter schools that close the achievement gap and prepare students from low-income backgrounds for success in college and beyond. We are accomplishing that mission every day, with a college graduation rate that is well above the national average and thousands of stories of our students and alumni achieving their dreams.
The Network Special Projects Manager plays a central role in assisting the Director of School Support with creating systems and documenting guidance toward ensuring compliance and minimizing risk. In this role, the Network Special Projects Manager manages multiple projects as it relates to purchasing, public bidding, and data access/quality. The position serves all North Star Academy campuses as a member of the School Support Team, and will report directly to the Director of School Support.
- Manage network-wide online tools used to track school data, including troubleshooting user questions/issues, tool access issues, and engaging with external vendors and/or internal Data & IT team as necessary
- School Administration
- Manage analysis and presentation of data for the network
- Support network leaders in preparing for changes in educational technology
- Implement and enhance the network’s systems
- Finance and Compliance
- Assist with the public bidding process annually for vendor services such as cleaning services, food service, field trip transportation, facility maintenance, and trash removal
- Source compliant vendors to meet school purchasing needs
- Research systems to monitor network-wide purchasing and contract compliance
- Child Nutrition
- Oversee the Free and Reduced Price School Meals Household Application process across network
- Maintain data accuracy within food service database
- Assist with creating an internal system of compliance as per state/federal CNP regulations, to include; HACCP, on-site accountability reviews, meal counting and tracking
- Attend all state trainings and/or participate in training webinars
- Modify state trainings and present to campus operations teams during annual trainings
- Special Projects
- Develop the strategy and implementation plan for network-wide projects
- Share responsibility for network-wide activities
- Special projects as assigned by the Director of School Support and Chief Operating Officers
- Bachelor’s Degree;
- At least three years of work experience;
- Excellent organizational and project management skills;
- Strong customer service approach;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- Prior experience creating and facilitating trainings sessions
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office, Word, Excel and Access;
- Strong data analysis and database management skills
- Maturity and ability to work independently;
- Prior experience working in schools and/or urban communities is preferred;
- Flexibility and a sense of humor; and enjoys working with children of all ages.
Uncommon Schools offers competitive salaries commensurate with experience and a comprehensive benefits package. Aside from extensive professional development, all our staff members are equipped with a laptop computer, email, and all necessary supplies.
Uncommon believes in the importance of being a diverse, equitable and inclusive organization that enables our students and staff to thrive. We are committed to building a talented team that reflects the diverse backgrounds and experiences of our students. At the same time, we work to ensure an inclusive community through creating a space for important dialogue about issues of race and identity for our staff and students. As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability.