Associate Director of Recruitment
- Rochester, NY, USA
- Hiring Start Time: Immediate Start (Home Office)
- HO Team: Recruitment
Uncommon Schools is a non-profit network of 53 outstanding public charter schools in grades K-12 across New York, New Jersey and Massachusetts. Our mission is to start and manage outstanding urban public charter schools that close the achievement gap and prepare students from low-income backgrounds for success in college and beyond. We are accomplishing that mission every day, with a college graduation rate that is well above the national average and thousands of stories of our students and alumni achieving their dreams.
The Associate Director is responsible for ensuring that Uncommon Schools Rochester Prep is fully staffed with outstanding instructional and operational talent. He or She will work with Recruitment leadership to develop national and regional recruitment strategies and monitors the execution and effectiveness of these strategies throughout the year.
- Demonstrates and articulates a thorough understanding of Uncommon Schools and Rochester Prep and communicates enthusiastically to candidates the benefits and merits of working at Uncommon and its schools.
- Works closely with Senior Associate Directors of Recruitment to develop and execute region/network-based strategic outreach and hiring plans.
- Conducts extensive outreach and networking via headhunting platforms, email, phone, and in-person meetings and events with undergraduate and graduate schools, service organizations, and affinity groups to build Uncommon Schools’ visibility, name recognition, and to attract talented candidates.
- Manages candidate relationships from recruitment through the application process.
- Assesses all candidates via application review, phone and video screening, and partners closely with school leaders to organize and manage in-person-interview processes with the goal of driving the selection process and ensuring candidates move through the application process efficiently.
- Analyzes data to identify and address trends in real time and make changes to outreach and selection strategies as needed.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
- Passionate commitment to the mission of Uncommon Schools.
- Excellent organization, time management, and follow-up skills; high sense of urgency; demonstrated ability to successfully handle multiple projects concurrently; ability to work independently.
- Exceptional problem-solving and critical thinking skills and demonstrated ability to use data to drive decision making
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and demonstrated ability to present effectively to diverse audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to develop systems that achieve efficiency and scalability.
- Ability to inspire top educators to join staffs of Uncommon schools.
- Ability to learn quickly and to be effective and take initiative in a fast-paced, dynamic, entrepreneurial environment.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Willingness and ability to travel
Uncommon Schools offers competitive salaries commensurate with experience and a comprehensive benefits package. Aside from extensive professional development, all our staff members are equipped with a laptop computer, email, and all necessary supplies.
Uncommon believes in the importance of being a diverse, equitable and inclusive organization that enables our students and staff to thrive. We are committed to building a talented team that reflects the diverse backgrounds and experiences of our students. At the same time, we work to ensure an inclusive community through creating a space for important dialogue about issues of race and identity for our staff and students. As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability.