- Newark, NJ, USA
- Hiring Start Time: Immediate Start
- HO Team: Recruitment
Uncommon Schools is a non-profit network of 53 outstanding public charter schools in grades K-12 across New York, New Jersey and Massachusetts. Our mission is to start and manage outstanding urban public charter schools that close the achievement gap and prepare students from low-income backgrounds for success in college and beyond. We are accomplishing that mission every day, with a college graduation rate that is well above the national average and thousands of stories of our students and alumni achieving their dreams.
The Recruitment team makes close to one thousand annual hires to support our growing network of schools! This role will provide essential support in hiring for all Uncommon positions in New York City and Newark, NJ by building and maintaining team systems and procedures. The duties below represent some of the responsibilities of the Recruitment Coordinator. As the work evolves, new responsibilities will be added. We are looking for someone who is excited to help us grow and increase our impact!
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Assists the Associate Directors of Recruitment in implementing a well-coordinated and effective approach to recruiting teachers and other employees for Uncommon Schools:
Contribute to the hiring process through essential operational work:
- Manage initial candidate vetting process through resume reviews and phone interviews\Prepare for and in-person support at candidate interview days in Newark
- Conduct reference checks
- Build and mail candidate offer packages
- Track candidate progress and make updates to candidate profiles
Support Recruitment team processes and systems:
- Managing the Uncommon Schools Referral Bonus program, including creating and maintaining systems to process all referral bonuses for all of Uncommon Schools.
- Coordinating and managing Recruitment Team finance and reimbursement processes for candidate travel expenses.
Build high-quality and diverse candidate pipelines through operational support:
- Collect and send materials to outreach events, such as career fairs and conferences.
- Demonstrates and articulates a thorough understanding of Uncommon and each Uncommon School and communicates enthusiastically to candidates the benefits and merits of working at Uncommon and its schools.
- Supports candidate cultivation through email and/or phone communication with new hires.
Required knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Passionate commitment to the mission of Uncommon Schools.
- You are influential—you use your effective communication skills to get diverse audiences excited about your ideas and initiatives
- You are a self-starter—you enjoy collaboration, but still know how essential it is to work independently to push forward towards the goal of the team
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment and are able to flex and adapt when needed
- People look to you for solutions—you have good relationships with the people with whom you work, and your colleagues trust that you will take their perspective into account
- You get things done! You have a “whatever it takes” attitude and thrive on getting results. You expertly manage your time and priorities
- You’re a systematic thinker—you enjoy organizing information and input from different stakeholders and creating an efficient and scalable system to move work forward
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Open to travel to our Manhattan and Newark offices, as well as our Newark schools
Minimum educational level
- Bachelor’s degree required.
Uncommon Schools offers competitive salaries commensurate with experience and a comprehensive benefits package. Aside from extensive professional development, all our staff members are equipped with a laptop computer, email, and all necessary supplies.
Uncommon believes in the importance of being a diverse, equitable and inclusive organization that enables our students and staff to thrive. We are committed to building a talented team that reflects the diverse backgrounds and experiences of our students. At the same time, we work to ensure an inclusive community through creating a space for important dialogue about issues of race and identity for our staff and students. As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability.