Associate Director of Recruitment
- New York, NY, USA
- Hiring Start Time: Immediate Start
- HO Team: Recruitment
Uncommon Schools is a non-profit network of 53 outstanding public charter schools in grades K-12 across New York, New Jersey and Massachusetts. Our mission is to start and manage outstanding urban public charter schools that close the achievement gap and prepare students from low-income backgrounds for success in college and beyond. We are accomplishing that mission every day, with a college graduation rate that is well above the national average and thousands of stories of our students and alumni achieving their dreams.
Works with the Directors of Recruitment and Senior Associate Directors of Recruitment in developing national and regional recruitment strategies and monitors the execution and effectiveness of the strategies throughout the year.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists the Directors of Recruitment and Senior Associate Directors of Recruitment in developing and implementing a well-coordinated and effective approach to recruiting teachers and other employees for Uncommon Schools:
- Assists the Directors of Recruitment and Senior Associate Directors of Recruitment in executing region/network-based, strategic hiring and outreach plans; makes changes to approach, as necessary.
- Demonstrates and articulates a thorough understanding of Uncommon and each Uncommon School and communicates enthusiastically to candidates the benefits and merits of working at Uncommon and its schools.
- Manages candidate relationships throughout the application process and conducts phone interviews.
- Manages school leader relationships and collaborates with Managing Directors and Assistant Managing Directors to complete regional hiring.
- Collaborates with Outreach Team regional partner to brainstorm effective strategies for attracting quality candidates to Uncommon.
- Uses data effectively to inform and improve the hiring process.
- Communicates effectively with various stakeholders across Uncommon to fulfill hiring needs.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned
- Passionate commitment to the mission of Uncommon Schools.
- Strategic thinker with demonstrated ability to develop systems that achieve efficiency and scalability.
- Demonstrated ability to use data to drive decision making.
- Exceptional problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to inspire top educators to join staffs of Uncommon schools.
- Excellent organization, time management, and follow-up skills; high sense of urgency; demonstrated ability to successfully handle multiple projects concurrently; ability to work independently.
- Ability to learn quickly and to be effective in a fast-paced, dynamic, entrepreneurial environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to present effectively to diverse audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to be self-directed and take initiative.
- Professional demeanor with the ability to facilitate decision-making amongst multiple parties.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Willingness and ability to travel.
Uncommon Schools offers competitive salaries commensurate with experience and a comprehensive benefits package. Aside from extensive professional development, all our staff members are equipped with a laptop computer, email, and all necessary supplies.
Uncommon believes in the importance of being a diverse, equitable and inclusive organization that enables our students and staff to thrive. We are committed to building a talented team that reflects the diverse backgrounds and experiences of our students. At the same time, we work to ensure an inclusive community through creating a space for important dialogue about issues of race and identity for our staff and students. As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability.