Lead Game Programmer
- 2121 Park Pl, El Segundo, CA 90245, USA
Unbroken Studios is a Los Angeles-based team, made up of 60+ veteran video game developers with proven track records in building best-in-class games, across all platforms, for the world’s largest publishers. Our list of credits includes some of the most memorable game experiences from the last twenty years including blockbuster franchises such as Battlefield, Call of Duty, Medal of Honor, and God of War. Our “unbroken” passion for game development has endured the highs and lows of this industry. There’s nothing else we’d ever do.
- Build, evaluate, and extend existing and new reliable gameplay architecture and features
- Design, implement, optimize, and maintain high-quality code and contribute to best practices
- Manage, structure, coordinate, and organize the engineering team
- Mentor other programmers and perform code reviews
- Create, review and approve technical design documents for feature implementations
- Work closely with discipline leads to understand project requirements and evaluate technical practicality and time estimates of design decisions
- 7+ years game programming experience and at least one shipped title
- Strong C++ skills and experience with Unreal Engine or other 3D game engines
- Strong grasp of 3D math and spatial reasoning
- Experience leading a team of game engineers
- Experience working on multiplayer games
- Experience with a wide range of gameplay systems including AI, physics, networking, rendering, gameplay, and UI
- Experience with multi-threaded programming, profiling and optimization techniques
- Ability to understand and improve development pipelines and processes
- Solid understanding of algorithms, performance, and debugging
- Flexible and approachable with excellent communication skills.
- Self-motivated with demonstrated ability to work efficiently and independently.
- Experience with shipping a AAA game
- Experience with modern game platforms
- Experience building networked action games
- Good understanding of PC, console, and mobile gaming industry, development, platforms, and ecosystems.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.