Mid-Senior UI Programmer
- 2121 Park Pl, El Segundo, CA 90245, USA
Unbroken Studios is a Los Angeles-based team, made up of 50+ veteran video game developers with proven track records in building best-in-class games, across all platforms, for the world’s largest publishers. Our list of credits includes some of the most memorable game experiences from the last twenty years including blockbuster franchises such as Battlefield, Call of Duty, Medal of Honor, and God of War. Our “unbroken” passion for game development has endured the highs and lows of this industry. There’s nothing else we’d ever do.
Please note, this role will be remote until at least June 2021, however this role will eventually be onsite at our offices in El Segundo, CA.
- Be responsible for the authoring and maintaining UI/UX menus, features and systems code while meeting all design, technical and schedule requirements
- Architect and develop UI/UX systems in Unreal Engine 4 using C++ and UMG
- Work closely with artists and designers on UI/UX features
- Contribute to a large codebase, adding features and improving performance
- Optimize key algorithms to achieve performance goals across multiple hardware platforms
- Work closely with QA and technical leadership to ensure the stability and accuracy of UI/UX systems by identifying, communicating, resolving defects and brainstorming solutions that further the game’s artistic and design vision.
- 4+ years professional software engineering experience
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic
- Excellent communication and team skills
- Comfortable working closely with designers and artists on the implementation of UI/UX menus, features and systems
- Proficiency in C/C++
- Passion for Game UI/UX
- Excellent problem-solving, performance analysis and debugging skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science or Engineering
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4
- Proficient with UMG Blueprints in Unreal Engine 4
- Experience working with UI/UX systems (MVC, MVVM etc.)
- Experience in UI/UX programming for a AAA videogame title
- An avid gamer with a passion for making games
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.