Senior Rendering Programmer
- 2121 Park Pl, El Segundo, CA 90245, USA
Unbroken Studios is a Los Angeles-based team, made up of 50+ veteran video game developers with proven track records in building best-in-class games, across all platforms, for the world’s largest publishers. Our list of credits includes some of the most memorable game experiences from the last twenty years including blockbuster franchises such as Battlefield, Call of Duty, Medal of Honor, and God of War. Our “unbroken” passion for game development has endured the highs and lows of this industry. There’s nothing else we’d ever do.
Please note, this role will be remote until at least June 2021, however this role will eventually be onsite at our offices in El Segundo, CA.
- Create engineering solutions for visual performance problems in Unreal Engine
- Enhance and maintain rendering speeds of the game across multiple platforms
- Working closely with the art team to understand and anticipate needs for the product and developing systems and tools to support them
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, and analyze rendering systems and art pipelines
- Support graphics best practices and share knowledge within the studio
- Keep up to date on current techniques, research and best practices
- 5+ years experience, ideally within a Graphics/Rendering games capacity
- Experience in optimization, systems architecture, profiling, tooling, and reporting.
- Expert knowledge of real time rendering.
- Strong C++ knowledge and multi-threaded programming techniques; ability to code and architect various core engine systems
- Thorough knowledge and proficient application of 3D math, rendering algorithms, and data structures
- Demonstrated performance and memory optimization skills
- Strong communication and proficiency in working with technical artists to develop and iterate on features/tools
- Excellent knowledge of a broad range of graphics APIs and shader languages including DirectX and OpenGL/GLSL
- Good communication skills
- Experience with Current console game rendering
- Exposure to third-party tools like Houdini, Substance Painter, and Z-Brush in terms of how they can function in a graphics pipelin
- Experience with implementing rendering solutions on mobile devices and/or Switch
- Experience with Unreal Engine
- Experience with Next Gen console game rendering
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.