Senior Character Artist
- 2121 Park Pl, El Segundo, CA 90245, USA
Unbroken Studios is a Los Angeles-based team, made up of 50+ veteran video game developers with proven track records in building best-in-class games, across all platforms, for the world’s largest publishers. Our list of credits includes some of the most memorable game experiences from the last twenty years including blockbuster franchises such as Battlefield, Call of Duty, Medal of Honor, and God of War. Our “unbroken” passion for game development has endured the highs and lows of this industry. There’s nothing else we’d ever do.
Please note, this role will be remote until at least June 2021, however this role will eventually be onsite at our offices in Los Angeles, California.
- Create (Sculpt, Model, UV, texture and create materials) AAA quality characters and creatures
- Work closely with the leads to ensure the visual target is always exceeded and stylistically consistent
- Actively participate in technical and aesthetic problem-solving discussions for the entire project
- Mentor junior artists by providing creative and technical training, guidance, and feedback
- Collaborate with other art team members to manage character art outsourcing
- Compile, write and/or edit art feedback for external art partners
- Integration and setup of art assets into the game
- High proficiency in Maya, Z-Brush, Substance Painter, Photoshop (or equivalent 3D and 2D programs)
- 5+ years experience creating high-quality real-time character models
- Excellent High and Low poly modeling skills
- A portfolio demonstrating a range of character modeling styles
- Excellent knowledge of PBR texture/material workflows
- Strong knowledge of human and animal anatomy, materials and garb
- Solid grasp of color theory and lighting techniques for quality presentation and the best player experience
- Experience with proprietary tools and development pipelines
- Must be receptive to art direction and critiques from project art leads
- Strong foundation in traditional art
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to effectively coordinate with producers, programmers, designers, as well as artists.
- Strong organizational, supervisory and mentoring skills
- Experience with Epic's Unreal Engine 4
- Experience with Marvelous Designer/ Substance Designer
- Experience in character skinning and rigging
- 2D concept development skills
- Scripting experience in Python or MEL
- Background in portrait painting, Photography or Cinematography
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.