Senior Network Programmer
- 2121 Park Pl, El Segundo, CA 90245, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Unbroken Studios is a Los Angeles-based team, made up of 60+ veteran video game developers with proven track records in building best-in-class games, across all platforms, for the world’s largest publishers. Our list of credits includes some of the most memorable game experiences from the last twenty years including blockbuster franchises such as Battlefield, Call of Duty, Medal of Honor, and God of War. Our “unbroken” passion for game development has endured the highs and lows of this industry. There’s nothing else we’d ever do.
Please note, this role will be remote until at least June 2021. For this role, our preference is to find a candidate who will work in our El Segundo office but we are open to fully-remote candidates
We are looking for an exceptionally talented senior programmer who is ready for the challenge of producing an AAA title.
- Development of our networked and online components.
- Optimizing to performance and bandwidth requirements.
- Advising gameplay and content teams and evangelizing good network processes.
- Advanced understanding in C/C++.
- Advanced understanding of game technology & networking principles.
- A broad range of knowledge and experience with the full network stack from low level UDP through to simple REST services.
- Incorporating third party systems to fulfil game requirements.
- Willingness to contribute to all network layers on both server and client, not just hand off at the transport layer.
- Understanding of anti-cheat solutions for networked games.
- Experience of responsibility for the network development on at least one AAA game.
- Unreal Engine 3 or 4 experience a big advantage.
- A passion for playing and developing exceptional games.
- Be a positive, active, and contributing team member.
- To be proactive and helpful with ad-hoc problem solving.
- Must be a team player and know the importance of listening to others.
- Able to work independently, prioritize and handle pressure.
- Must have excellent time management skills to perform in a fast paced, high volume, high-pressure environment.
- Excellent verbal and written interpersonal and communications skills.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.