Senior Engine Programmer
- 2121 Park Pl, El Segundo, CA 90245, USA
Unbroken Studios is a Los Angeles-based team, made up of 50+ veteran video game developers with proven track records in building best-in-class games, across all platforms, for the world’s largest publishers. Our list of credits includes some of the most memorable game experiences from the last twenty years including blockbuster franchises such as Battlefield, Call of Duty, Medal of Honor, and God of War. Our “unbroken” passion for game development has endured the highs and lows of this industry. There’s nothing else we’d ever do.
We are looking for an exceptionally talented senior programmer who is ready for the challenge of producing an AAA title. This role will involve maximizing performance of all console platforms through profiling and optimizing low-level engine code, memory usage and world streaming.
Please note, this role will be remote at least until at least June 2021, but will eventually be onsite at our offices in El Segundo, Los Angeles California.
- Work closely with the Technical Director and Lead Core Engine Programmer to identify and implement optimizations.
- Implement optimization changes to a high quality.
- Advanced understanding in C/C++.
- Advanced understanding of game technology principles.
- An advanced understanding of the main gaming platforms and the requirements needed to develop software on them.
- Experience using profiling tools to identify CPU performance issues.
- Experience working across disciplines to implement optimizations to achieve performance goals.
- Unreal Engine 3 or 4 experience a big advantage.
- Experience working with modern games consoles (XB1/PS4).
- Worked on at least 1 published AAA title.
- A passion for playing and developing exceptional games.
- Be a positive, active, and contributing team member.
- To be proactive and helpful with ad-hoc problem solving.
- Must be a team player and know the importance of listening to others.
- Able to work independently, prioritize and handle pressure.
- Must have excellent time management skills to perform in a fast paced, high volume, high-pressure environment.
- Excellent verbal and written interpersonal and communications skills.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Unbroken Studios participates in the E-Verify program.