Senior UI/UX Designer
- 2121 Park Pl, El Segundo, CA 90245, USA
Unbroken Studios is a Los Angeles-based team, made up of 50+ veteran video game developers with proven track records in building best-in-class games, across all platforms, for the world’s largest publishers. Our list of credits includes some of the most memorable game experiences from the last twenty years including blockbuster franchises such as Battlefield, Call of Duty, Medal of Honor, and God of War. Our “unbroken” passion for game development has endured the highs and lows of this industry. There’s nothing else we’d ever do.
As the Senior UX Designer/UI Artist, you will be a co-owner of the experience design of the product(s). Form follows function with usability a priority– however being a champion for creative and beautiful UI is an equally important requirement as we strive to be industry leaders in imaginative creations.
Please note, this role will be remote until at least 2021, however the role will eventually be onsite at our offices in El Segundo, Los Angeles California.
- Engaging team members such as Producers, Designers, and Engineers for input and guidance–create and iterate on detailed wireframes and prototypes for features in order to detail and communicate product experiences
- Working closely with the UX Lead plan, design, document and communicate the product experience flow
- Maintain knowledge of existing and emerging competitor experiences
- Help to research, explore and define user interaction models
- Subject early-stage designs to usability testing and review in order to iterate toward optimal experience
- Partner with the Creative Director, Engineering and UX Lead in order to explore, develop, and follow UI creative direction across product(s).
- Conceptualize and refine visual comps accounting for required UX specifications and component states
- Collaborating with the UX Lead develop and maintain product UI style guides
- Explore and create various art assets to be featured in the experience
- Working in engine, implement UI for features by 1) further iterating on existing screens/elements previously developed by Engineering and/or 2) roughing in new screen/elements for further development by Engineering
- Work across disciplines toward novel solutions to creative challenges in engine
- Use abstract thinking to keep a critical eye on product experience consistency in order to avoid legacy thinking and divergent interactions– suggesting/implementing better options where found
- 4+ years of experience as an Interaction Designer, User Interface Designer, or similar role
- Demonstrated history and knowledge of work on one or multiple games/products on PC or console
- A portfolio demonstrating relevant experience in user-centered design, a gifted eye for aesthetics, and a thought process to rapidly generate creative ideas
- Experience in working with interaction challenges for a single product across multiple SKUs (PC, console, etc)
- Ability to digest design specifications and develop into user flows and design concepts (e.g., sketches, wireframes, mockups) reflecting multiple options for intuitive, elegant, and technically-feasible interface
- Awareness and Passion for tenets and trends in interaction design disciplines and principles.
- Mastery in fundamental graphic and typographic principles.
- Experience pitching and reviewing UX designs, UI visual comps, or related materials to senior stakeholders and leadership teams
- Working knowledge of Unreal and/or Unity engines with a focus on user interface implementation
- Experience working with Engineers and Designers to implement UI screens, widgets, and/or art content
- Demonstrated ability to manage feedback and iterate on design
- Expert/senior level knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (especially Photoshop and Illustrator)
- Experience with motion design in Adobe After Effects
- Experience with prototyping and wireframing in Adobe XD
- Experience in using or guiding development of materials, shaders, or other innovative solutions with Engineers and Developers
- A passion for beautiful and innovative visual design
- A love of video games and/or user rewarding products
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.