Senior Technical Artist
- 2121 Park Pl, El Segundo, CA 90245, USA
Unbroken Studios is a Los Angeles-based team, made up of 40+ veteran video game developers with proven track records in building best-in-class games, across all platforms, for the world’s largest publishers. Our list of credits includes some of the most memorable game experiences from the last twenty years including blockbuster franchises such as Battlefield, Call of Duty, Medal of Honor, and God of War. Our “unbroken” passion for game development has endured the highs and lows of this industry. There’s nothing else we’d ever do.
As an environment Technical Artist, you will be responsible for research, innovation and giving technical support to team members to guide and assist them in the best practices possible to ensure highest technical quality of asset production.
- Work with Engine, Tools and Pipeline teams to prioritize and develop tools/scripts/plugins to streamline art processes, workflows and pipelines
- Troubleshoot and triage artist issues with tools and art creation workflow
- Prototype new techniques to facilitate more efficient content production
- Strive to maximize art production performance and predictability
- Create complex materials for characters, weapons and environments.
- Establish workflows and tools for other artists to utilize when making unique assets.
- Solving problems in pipeline and for individuals on as-needed basis.
- Help establish standards, conventions and best practices for asset creation and integration workflow
- Ensure that assets are being properly integrated. Manage resolution when problems arise
- Assist with the management and integration of art and animation assets and ensure are optimal for performance and memory
- 5+ years of experience as a Technical Artist. Must have shipped at least one AAA titles.
- Excellent team work skills. Able to communicate effectively verbally and visually. Positive attitude and a desire to bring new ideas to the team.
- Proficient with standard industry tools like Unreal Engine, Maya, 3ds Max or (Houdini a plus).
- Strong understanding of methods of optimizing game art assets for game engines.
- Strong understanding of MEL/Python/Maxscript.or similar systems required.
- Good understanding of PBR principles and material editors
- Experience modeling and using texturing packages such as Substance Designer and Painter
- Up to date knowledge of current art techniques and development processes.
- Ability to work well under pressure and with deadlines.
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
- Passion for making great games, with an awareness of current titles and industry trends.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.