Senior R&D Development Engineer
Doka is a world leader in providing innovative formwork solutions and services in all areas of construction. The company is also a global supplier of well-thought-out scaffolding solutions for a varied spectrum of applications. With more than 160 sales points and logistical facilities in over 60 countries, Doka has a high-performing distribution network for advice, customer service and technical support while ensuring equipment is provided swiftly – no matter how big the project. Based from its headquarters in Amstetten, Austria, Doka employs 6,800 people worldwide and is a company of the Umdasch Group, which has stood for reliability, experience and trustworthiness for more than 150 years.
As a customer-focused organisation, Doka understands that its greatest assets are its employees, which is why Doka is consistently looking for talented professionals who are keen to develop their career in this challenging industry.
The mid-market segment in Asia shows the greatest growth potential. In order to leverage this potential in the long run and come closer to the needs of the Asian market, we will establish our first innovation hub in Asia (located in Malaysia) and a new team of talent to focus on this area.
Doka is currently looking for a Senior R&D Development Engineer who will be responsible and accountable for topics related to the development, design and testing of new products.
If you are passionate about your work, have an inner drive to succeed and a desire to learn and grow from your experience, this could be the perfect next challenge for you.
Reporting to the Head of Innovation Hub Asia, this position plays an important role in helping to translate customer needs into new solutions for the Asian construction markets.
Main tasks include:
- Translating customer needs into product ideas, prototypes and finally serial products based on clear specifications and business cases
- Optimizing new solutions with our supplier network and production engineer based on local standard material and production capabilities in order to meet the target requirements
- Performing statical pre-calculations
- Designing and ideation of formwork & shoring solutions which are based on market information from Product Management and your own experience
- Management of external and internal development partners
- Developing and test functional samples, prototypes and preproduction-series
- Processing tests for final accreditation of pre-series
We are looking for a creative and analytical thinker who shows an accurate and structured way of working and possesses the ability to handle projects independently. In addition, we look for the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil/Mechanical/Metal Engineering or related disciplines
- Minimum five years of proven experience in the construction, formwork or steel fabrication industry, preferably in the Asian market
- Proficient in Autodesk Inventor or Solidworks and AutoCAD (2D/3D)
- Familiar with different manufacturing, design and quality standards in APAC region
- Strong team player and creative in finding daily solutions
- Excellent proficiency in English, any local Asian language skills are a definite plus
- Willingness to travel
- Candidates are required to complete a pre-work task and submit it along with your application
Required Pre-Work for Application
A mandatory part of the selection process is that you work on the following tasks. For any possible open questions, please work with assumptions.
- Using Autodesk Inventor or Solidworks, design a welded steel frame which resembles the shape of letter "A" (height 2m , see Picture) with steel profiles of your choice.
- On the horizontal part of the frame shaped like letter "A" a load with 40 kN will be hanging centrally. Make a statical calculation and choose the material thickness and the size of welding seems accordingly. The frame is standing on the ground and is not fixed in any other part.
- Make a fabrication drawing of your design, so that a supplier from your country can produce the frame shaped like letter "A".
Please upload the results (in pdf format) of above mentioned tasks together with all other relevant documents onto our application platform.
Please note that that solving these tasks is a pre-requirement for the application process. We are unable to consider applications without results for above mentioned tasks.