Head of HR & Administration
Doka is a world leader in providing innovative formwork solutions and services in all areas of construction. The company is also a global supplier of well-thought-out scaffolding solutions for a varied spectrum of applications. With more than 160 sales points and logistical facilities in over 60 countries, Doka has a high-performing distribution network for advice, customer service and technical support while ensuring equipment is provided swiftly – no matter how big the project. Based from its headquarters in Amstetten, Austria, Doka employs 6,800 people worldwide and is a company of the Umdasch Group, which has stood for reliability, experience and trustworthiness for more than 150 years.
From metro stations to high-rises to more challenging projects such as the diamond shaped PNB 118, Doka Malaysia has diversified in terms of scope, but also location to include several projects outside of the capital city of Kuala Lumpur.
As a customer-focused organisation, Doka understands that its greatest assets are its employees, which is why Doka is consistently looking for talented professionals who are keen to develop their career in this challenging industry.
Doka Malaysia is looking to appoint an enthusiastic Head of HR and Administration who will manage the day-to-day HR Operations of the Company and implement HR initiatives that support the goals of the business. We are looking for an approachable HR Allrounder who is able to build up and maintain trustful relationships with all stakeholders and who has solid experience with local rules and regulations. You will manage a small team, be part of the country management team and report to the Managing Director with a functional line to the Head of HR Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific.
- Drive the recruitment process (advertising, short listing, interviewing, liaison with candidates, recruiters & media), negotiate employment packages and arrange mobilization and induction
- Manage transfers, promotions, resignations, terminations and dismissals
- Supervise/Maintain SAP HR module, payroll, expenses, filing and time keeping
- Supervise/Maintain visa processes, trade license renewal, company leases and staff accommodation
- Fleet and transport management, office maintenance and supplies, travel arrangements
- Develop and implement fair policies and processes, incl. compensation & benefits
- Negotiate with insurance brokers and supervise claims
- Advise senior management on employment issues and HR matters as well as country legal framework
- Employee relations including mediation and communication
- Support employees and superiors during the annual performance dialogues and with arrangement of training and development measures
- Be the first point of contact for all employee enquiries
- Support country management with various topics and projects
- Collaborate closely with all departments to implement target-oriented HR initiatives
- Play an active part in the Area HR network to enhance collaboration, best practice exchange and learning opportunities
- Take the lead for the Malaysia organization to implement global or Area HR projects
- Liaise closely with Area HR and implement corporate/regional requirements and standards
- Qualification in business, HR or related disciplines
- Previous HR/Administration experience and relevant qualifications
- Knowledge of local rules and laws
- Confident user of MS Office, ideally SAP
- Strong sense for confidentiality as well as business needs
- Excellent management and people skills
- Organized, confident and hands-on personality
- Ability to work independently and as a team player in a results-driven, fast-paced environment
- Approachable individual who will build trustful relationships with employees and stakeholders on all levels
- Resilient, solution-oriented character with attention to detail and an analytical mindset
- Excellent communication and presentation skills in English and other local languages