Plywood Business Partner
Doka is a world leader in providing innovative formwork solutions and services in all areas of construction. The company is also a global supplier of well-thought-out scaffolding solutions for a varied spectrum of applications. With more than 160 sales points and logistical facilities in over 60 countries, Doka has a high-performing distribution network for advice, customer service and technical support while ensuring equipment is provided swiftly – no matter how big the project. Based from its headquarters in Amstetten, Austria, Doka employs 6,800 people worldwide and is a company of the Umdasch Group, which has stood for reliability, experience and trustworthiness for more than 150 years.
As a customer-focused organisation, Doka understands that its greatest assets are its employees, which is why Doka is consistently looking for talented professionals who are keen to develop their career in this challenging industry.
Doka GmbH is currently looking for a Plywood Business Partner who will be responsible for contributing to the sustainable growth of the plywood business in MEAAP area. The suitable candidate will be a qualified, natural team player who can add significant value to this highly dynamic team.
If you have an inner drive to succeed and a desire to learn and grow from your experience, this could be the perfect next challenge for you.
Reporting to the Director – Unit Plywood, this position requires an enthusiastic individual who will be the linchpin between sales, logistics and purchasing. The position is based in Asia.
You will be responsible for:
- Developing the “Plywood” business area with a joint responsibility for business expansion in the MEAAP area
- Defining the commercial plywood product portfolios and coordinating the demand planning
- Building productive business professional relationships
- Active sales promotion and key account management in the plywood business in coordination with the country organizations
- Creating business cases and ensuring the resulting measures for the focus countries are being put in place
- Steering the purchasing volume
- Acting as a consultant for Business Development Plywood in the country organizations
- Knowledge transfer and best practice sharing on plywood with the country organizations
- Interfacing with marketing, research & development and logistics with regard to the purchase of wood
We are looking for a proactive and detailed person with a strong ability to simplify work processes. In addition, we look for the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil/Mechanical Engineering or related disciplines
- Minimum two years of experience in the wood sector – ideally with focus on plywood (trade or production)
- Interest in building up and expanding market knowledge for plywood in the construction industry
- Independent, goal-orientated and hands-on mentality way of working
- High sales affinity
- Excellent proficiency in English, any local Asian language skills are welcomed
- Willingness to travel and be mobile