Customer Service Representative
- 208 Gates Rd, Little Ferry, NJ 07643, USA
It's more than a job. It's a passion.
Doka is one of the world’s leading companies for developing, manufacturing and distributing formwork solutions for use in all fields of the construction sector. The Doka Group is a company of the Umdasch Group and employs more than 6,000 people in over 70 countries.
The Customer Service Representative will support and assist the Operations Manager. He/she will partner with the Sales team and handle all aspects of servicing accounts including but not limited to order processing and invoicing, inventory management and control, processing returns, voids, branch office and equipment logistics, yard operations and administration of the daily operations of the Operations Department including but not limited to assisting the Operations Manager with month end closing duties.
- Manages and maintains all aspects of customer accounts and the order process including order placement and order entry, follow up, price verification and product inquiries, using an in house order processing system.
- Communicate with customers/sales personnel regarding product availability, delivery dates, order cancellations, and order status via phone, fax and email in a fast-paced environment.
- Interface on a daily basis with all levels of staff as well as Sales, Engineering, Operations, Finance, Yard personnel etc., to ensure customer needs are met.
- Able to effectively handle a high volume of calls and respond to inquiries or resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Timely communicate issues that affect the original order status.
- Accurately handles pricing, order entry billing and credit requests on a timely basis.
- Identifies and researches any order processing system inaccuracies, recommends solutions and takes action insuring corrective measures are immediately implemented.
- Manages the back order process and consistently ensures that back orders have been satisfied.
- Identifies insufficient inventory and notifies logistics/operations personnel to ensure the procurement and equipment transfer process begins immediately.
- Reviews order confirmations to confirm accurate billing.
- Consistently quotes the correct custom item cost price and list price to both the customer and salesperson.
- Ensure all services are invoiced to the customer according to the terms of the contract and/or the customer purchase order.
Other Responsibilities/Peripheral Functions
- Handles special projects as assigned; including participating in company committees/teams.
- Flexible to work additional hours as required.
- Continually builds product knowledge.
- Assists in ensuring safe working practices and a safe working environment.
- Complies with all corporate policies and business practices.
- High School Graduate
- 1-3 years related experience (customer service, business administration, or logistics preferred).
- Associate Degree in Business or related field a plus.
- Strong problem resolution skills.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, organization and follow-up skills along with a strong numerical aptitude required.
- Effectively manages multiple tasks and handles all responsibilities with a strong sense of urgency.
- Able to manage time effectively, take initiative, manage and adjust priorities.
- Excellent communication skills including an excellent command of English (speaking, reading, writing).
- Qualitative abilities including strong analytical skills, technical proficiency and effective problem solving skills.
- -Proficient using Microsoft Office applications.
- Willing and able to learn new products, concepts and techniques and computer software programs.
- Team player able to work independently in a results-driven, fast-paced environment.
This position requires the ability to support the branch office and serve as a liaison to the customers and sales personnel resolving issues at times on short notice with minimal information.
Extensive daily interaction with colleagues, management and customers. Consistently delivers high standards of customer service and communicates effectively.
This position requires the ability to think strategically. Position requires the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and the ability to be organized and manage time to meet deadlines.
Working conditions of an office environment: dry, cool, and well lighted
Doka offers terrific career opportunities, competitive compensation, comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, Flexible Spending Account, company paid life insurance, supplemental voluntary term life insurance, 401k retirement plan (Roth and Non-Roth), short-term disability, AFLAC policies, paid time off (sick/personal, vacation, floating holiday and company paid holidays) and an exciting opportunity to join as a member of Doka's team.
If working with some of the most impressive construction projects in the US and joining an industry leader excites you, please submit your resume by clicking below.
Visit us on-line at www.dokausa.com for additional information on Doka USA, Ltd.
Doka is an Equal Opportunity Employer
A company of the Umdasch Group
External candidates must be authorized to work for any employer in the USA.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.