- 214 Gates Rd, Little Ferry, NJ 07643, USA
It's more than a job. It's a passion.
Doka is one of the world’s leading companies for developing, manufacturing and distributing formwork solutions for use in all fields of the construction sector. The Doka Group is a company of the Umdasch Group and employs more than 6,000 people in over 70 countries.
Summary of Position:
The Project Technician produces AutoCAD drawings and material lists that represent the proper use of Doka USA concrete forming equipment for customers. He/she provides technical assistance to the sales department from the preliminary stage of a project to its completion.
- Works with sales to produce AutoCAD drawings during the proposal stage and finalizes working drawings for site use, utilizing Doka USA forming systems.
- Provides material lists for quotations and shipments to the site.
- Produces and ensures that the drawings indicate the proper use of Doka USA forming equipment and that the drawings represent safe, economical and efficient designs.
- Design solutions for infrastructure projects.
- Provides analysis and design/price calculations as required (based upon level of experience and education).
- Ensures that the work is designed with available inventory and in conformance with contractual guidelines.
Other Responsibilities/Peripheral Functions:
- Participates in job site visits, identifies any improper implementation and can take action insuring corrective measures are immediately implemented.
- Other duties/projects as assigned, such as participating in company committees/teams.
- HS Graduate or equivalent technical school education.
- 1-2 years of heavy civil / infrastructure experience preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering (civil, construction, structural) a plus.
- Experience in concrete forming and shoring applications and design a plus.
- Excellent communication skills including an excellent command of English (speaking, reading, writing).
- Qualitative abilities including strong analytical skills, technical proficiency and effective problem solving skills.
- Experienced in AutoCAD, project management software and computer applications including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Willing and able to learn new products, concepts and techniques.
- Organized team player able to work in a deadline driven, fast-paced environment.
This position requires the ability to support the sales function within the office and at times in the customer environment, solving design and field problems on short notice with minimal information.
Extensive daily interaction with internal colleagues, management and customers.
Position requires the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and the ability to be organized and manage time to meet deadlines.
Working conditions vary from that of an office environment: dry, cool, well lighted, to outside conditions (equipment yard or job site), high noise level in certain areas, extreme outdoor temperatures.
Doka offers terrific career opportunities, competitive compensation, comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, Flexible Spending Account, company paid life insurance, supplemental voluntary term life insurance, 401k retirement plan (Roth and Non-Roth), short-term disability, AFLAC policies, paid time off (sick/personal, vacation, floating holiday and company paid holidays) and an exciting opportunity to join as a Project Technician as a member of Doka's exciting Engineering Team.
If joining an industry leader excites you, please submit your resume by clicking below.
If you have previously applied, it is not necessary to apply again.
Visit us on-line at www.dokausa.com for additional information on Doka USA, Ltd.
Doka is an Equal Opportunity Employer
A company of the Umdasch Group
Candidates must be authorized to work for any employer in the USA.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.