- 214 Gates Rd, Little Ferry, NJ 07643, USA
Doka is a world leader in developing, manufacturing and distributing formwork technology for use in all fields of the construction sector. With more than 160 sales and logistics facilities worldwide and 10 locations in the USA, the Doka Group has a high-performing distribution network, which ensures that equipment and technical support are provided swiftly and professionally. Employing more than 6,000 people globally in over 70 countries. Doka is more than a job, it’s a passion.
The Human Resource Generalist is part of our Doka USA Human Resources team based in our National Support Office in Little Ferry, NJ and supports various branches throughout the USA. This role acts as a main resource and first person of contact for managers and employees on all HR life cycle operational and transactional activities.
- Partners with Human Resources management to identify, develop, and enhance department initiatives, programs, activities, policies, and procedures. Proactively recognizes opportunities for HR to add or improve value within the region that they support and Doka USA in general
- Partners with Hiring Managers on position vacancies and recruits, interviews, and facilitates the hiring of qualified job applicants for open positions;
- Performs new hire orientation and supports managers in onboarding new employees
- Performs routine tasks required to administer and execute human resource programs including but not limited to disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; and training and development in collaboration with the HR team (local/global)
- Handles employment-related inquiries from applicants, employees, and managers/supervisors, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the appropriate internal or external partners
- Attends and participates in employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations.
- Partner with immigration counsel to assist with immigration proceedings for international transferees (ie. Visa Applications, Visa Renewals, Green Card Proceedings, etc.)
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance
- Reviews, tracks, and documents compliance with mandatory and non-mandatory training, continuing education, and work assessments
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- At least three years of experience in a similar human resource role
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, and conflict resolution skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software
- Proficient with ADP Workforce Now
- Proficiency in working with ATS and LMS systems including Smart Recruiters and Cornerstone
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines