Credit and Collections Associate
- 3665 Benson Ave, Baltimore, MD, United States
It's more than a job. It's a passion.
Doka is one of the world’s leading companies for developing, manufacturing and distributing formwork solutions for use in all fields of the construction sector. The Doka Group is a company of the Umdasch Group and employs more than 6,000 people in over 70 countries.
Summary of Position:
Assist in collecting and providing collections support in the branch. Ensure that customer satisfaction is achieved while improving cash flow by minimizing past due receivables and meeting DSO goals. Work closely with the Sales organization to promote sales, and minimize risk. Prepare management reports to assess receivables status and identify key actions to improve receivables turnover. Work closely with the Credit and Collections team to meet expected goals and targets. This position reports to the Support Manager of the Mid Atlantic branch.
- Perform all collection related tasks, including calls and correspondence, and follow up activity
- Identify and resolve disputed items, and involve Sales team, when necessary
- Provide backup documentation to customers and Sales team – invoice copies, short payment details, account analysis, proof of delivery, etc.
- Investigate short payments and prepare credit memos where needed, process offsets & write-offs
- Document invalid short pays and pursue collection of balance owed in a timely manner
- Perform credit investigations for new accounts – D&B reports, trade references, payment experience.
- Analyze and review credit lines of customer accounts in accordance with Doka credit policy protocol
- Assess credit worthiness of new & existing customers and recommend actions necessary to protect Doka’s interests, i.e., deposits required, payment plans, etc.
- Initiate and coordinate activities with Collection agencies, attorneys, courts, lien actions, and security documents
- Review and approve orders/shipments to new and existing customers in good standing. Take necessary action to hold orders if needed. Review and inform Sales and Customer Service of hold status.
- Prepare reports and attend monthly Credit meetings to review account status and recommend corrective actions
- Follow through on “action items” assigned at Credit meeting. Also work with Sales team to ensure assigned actions are carried out on a timely basis.
- Prepare monthly aging and DSO reports assessing status of receivables. Distribute reports with comments highlighting key accounts and trends
Other Responsibilities/Peripheral Functions
- Assist in preparing receivables presentations for Sales meetings, highlighting issues and suggested actions to improve receivables turnover
- High school diploma. Bachelors or Associates degree in Business or Accounting a plus
- 3-5 years experience in Credit & Collections
- Goal oriented individual with a track record of success, including but not limited to reducing the DSO.
- Solid experience in Credit & Collections (commercial construction or related industry preferred)
- Working knowledge of construction lien / bond laws and regulations
- Working knowledge of bankruptcy / UCC laws and regulations
- Strong negotiating and organization skills
- Process improvement knowledge and implementation experience
- Understanding of financial terminology and accounting methods
- Microsoft Office Suite mid-level knowledge required as well as 2 years SAP experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize responsibilities, and manage time effectively
This position requires the ability to support the Branch office and serve as a financial liaison resolving issues at times on short notice with minimal information.
Extensive daily interaction with colleagues and management. Consistently delivers high standards of customer service and communicates effectively.
This position requires the ability to think strategically. Position requires the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and the ability to be organized and manage time to meet deadlines.
Working conditions of an office environment: dry, cool, and well lighted.
Doka offers terrific career opportunities, competitive compensation, comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, Flexible Spending Account, company paid life insurance, supplemental voluntary term life insurance, 401k retirement plan (Roth and Non-Roth),short-term disability, AFLAC policies, paid time off (sick/personal, vacation, floating holiday and company paid holidays) and an exciting opportunity to join as a Credit and Collections Associate located in Baltimore, Maryland.
If joining an industry leader excites you, please submit your resume by clicking below.
If you have previously applied, it is not necessary to apply again.
Visit us on-line at www.dokausa.com for additional information on Doka USA, Ltd.
Doka is an Equal Opportunity Employer
A company of the Umdasch Group
Candidates must be authorized to work for any employer in the USA.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.