Yard & Warehouse Operator/Labourer
- 12673 Coleraine Dr, Bolton, ON L7E 3B5, Canada
Doka’s expertise in formwork technology is unparalleled in the industry and we are proud of the difference we make globally! “It’s not just formwork – it’s DOKA” is impressively demonstrated worldwide in buildings like the Burj Khalifa (Dubai), in hydroelectric generating stations like the Keeyask (Nelson River in northern Manitoba) – and in parts of the Brenner Base Tunnel (European Alps). Collaborative teamwork of nearly 7000 employees in over 160 distribution/logistics facilities in more than 70 countries is one of the primary reasons behind our success. With more than 150 years of history as a family owned company, we recognize and appreciate our employee’s work every day by rewarding them with flexible work hours, competitive wages, bonuses, training/development opportunities and a comprehensive group benefits program including RRSPs.
Summary of Position
All Yard & Warehouse Operators report to the Yard Manager and/or Branch Operations Manager to send and receive Doka products to/from customers. He/she is responsible for their specifically assigned hands-on tasks ensuring accuracy and efficiency of the work performed. He/she will also make certain that safety and quality standards are upheld and maintained within the yard or warehouse for the role the employee was hired for or is reassigned to.
Yard / Warehouse Operators:
- Assists in maintaining an organized, clean and logical yard and work area;
- Works productively as a member of the team;
- Takes responsibility in the proper use, maintenance and safety of all tools and equipment;
- Inspects and properly classifies and records material damages from material received;
- Makes sure equipment is properly placed and returned to its designated storage location;
- Informs supervisor of the status of consumables necessary to perform the job to ensure that you do not run out;
- Complies with Doka Standards regarding bundling and stacking requirements, including quality, safety, accuracy, productivity, etc.
- Counts orders/returns accurately and performs similar functions during inventory counts
- Consistently uses approved safety equipment;
- Obtains continual training on product knowledge, asks questions to ensure understanding
- Manages the logistics of all material (location, flow of goods) to ensure proper storage and avoiding congestion;
- Confirms proper disposal of all damaged/scrap material in accordance with company policies and procedures;
- Accurately marks containers and shelves to ensure proper product information;
- Complies with company cleanliness and housekeeping standards;
- Safely performs pushing, pulling, and lifting tasks to upwards of 100lbs or more only with the proper use of the appropriate equipment provided (i.e. forklift, crane);
- All responsibilities of a Yard / Warehouse Operator listed above; plus
- One year minimum of carpentry experience;
- Able to read and understand fabrication drawings and health/safety requirements;
- Able to build uniquely designed pieces of formwork for customers;
- Ability to operate power/hand tools and equipment in a safe manner;
Other Responsibilities/Peripheral Functions
- Follows all maintenance procedures.
- Properly wears all required personal protective equipment
- Immediately reports all incidents, accidents, unsafe work conditions, problems or concerns to the immediate supervisor.
- Maintains accurate counts of hardware pulled and returned to stock.
- Willingly participates in all mandatory training classes.
- Safely operates forklift, conducts and documents daily forklift checks (applicable to authorized forklift operators only)
- Maintains a clean, well-maintained and organized work area consistently.
- Complies with all safety requirements at all times
- Flexible to work overtime as required.
- Other duties/projects as assigned; including participating in company committees/teams.
- Complies with all company policies, business and safety practices.
- Minimum high school graduate/diploma;
- Previous experience in a construction or building materials yard a plus;
- Above average communication skills including a first-rate command of English (speaking, reading, writing) in order to comply with safety standards on the job;
- Qualitative abilities including strong analytical skills, technical proficiency and effective problem solving skills;
- Team player with a "can-do" attitude;
- Willing and able to learn new products, concepts and techniques;
- Able to work independently in a results-driven, fast-paced environment.
This position requires the ability to support the operations functions to complete projects on short notice with minimal information.
Extensive daily interaction with yard staff, truck drivers, colleagues, management and customers. Communicates effectively with all levels of management both internally and externally.
This position requires the ability to think strategically and analytically as well as understand the impact of his/her responsibilities as they relate to the entire yard. This position also requires the ability to work in a fast-paced environment, to be organized and to manage time to meet deadlines.
Working conditions will significantly vary (extreme outdoor temperatures/inclement weather conditions), high noise level in certain areas. These positions are physically demanding on a routine basis; the incumbent should consider themselves to be physically healthy. This position regularly requires the ability to lift up to 50lbs, to reach with hands and arms, climb, balance and stoop, kneel and/or crouch.
We are actively looking for labourers and this posting will be used to hire for several full time positions that are available.
Don't wait - apply today! Please apply with your resume and as quickly as possible since interviews will begin right away! We anticipate these roles will be filled quickly.
To qualify, applicants must currently reside in Canada and must be authorized to work for any employer in Canada (Canadian work permit holder or permanent resident).
Doka is an Equal Opportunity Employer. A company of the Ubdasch Group.