Forklift Operator, Toronto, ON.
- 12673 Coleraine Dr, Bolton, ON L7E 3B5, Canada
Doka’s expertise in formwork technology is unparalleled in the industry and we are proud of the difference we make globally! “It’s not just formwork – it’s DOKA” is impressively demonstrated worldwide in buildings like the Burj Khalifa (Dubai), in hydroelectric generating stations like the Keeyask (Nelson River in northern Manitoba) – and in parts of the Brenner Base Tunnel (European Alps). Collaborative teamwork of more than 6000 employees in over 160 distribution/logistics facilities in more than 70 countries is one of the primary reasons behind our success. With 150 years of history as a family owned company, we recognize and appreciate our employee’s work every day by rewarding them with flexible work hours, competitive wages, bonuses, training/development opportunities and a comprehensive group benefits program including RRSPs.
Summary of Position
The Forklift Operator reports to the Assistant Yard Supervisor and assists both the Yard & Warehouse Manager and the Branch Operations Manager. He/she is responsible for their specifically assigned hands on tasks ensuring accuracy and efficiency of the work performed while managing forklift operations. He/she will also make certain that safety and quality standards are upheld and maintained within the yard and/or warehouse (including the reconditioning and/or preassembly areas, the warehouse or on the trucks).
Learns continuously Doka products, combining systems and processes to adapt to busy and rewarding industry, is accountable to learn from mistakes and works with other team members to get the tasks done correctly and on time;
Picks, wraps and stages orders to be shipped, ensuring order accuracy;
Receives equipment from around the country, tracks paperwork and monitors proper placement within yard and/or warehouse;
- Complies with Doka Standards regarding bundling and stacking requirements, including quality, safety, accuracy, productivity, etc.
Determines pro-actively the best and quickest way to consolidate, ships/receives equipment, and tracks all movement;
Transfers concrete formwork panels and accessories safely throughout yard, including picking and loading onto trucks;
Consults with Supervisor on order priorities, discrepancies or damages in orders, and/or customer concerns as they arise;
- Checks for safe forklift equipment operation prior to and after use, detecting, documenting and reporting on any deficiencies of the machine; uses only approved safety equipment;
- Informs supervisor of the status of consumables necessary to perform the job to ensure that you do not run out;
- Counts orders/returns accurately and performs similar functions during inventory counts
- Manages the logistics of all material (location, flow of goods) to ensure proper storage and avoiding congestion;
- Confirms proper disposal of all damaged/scrap material in accordance with company policies and procedures;
- Complies with company cleanliness and housekeeping standards;
- Safely performs pushing, pulling, and lifting tasks to upwards of 100lbs or more only with the proper use of the appropriate equipment provided (i.e. forklift).
Other Responsibilities/Peripheral Functions
- Follows all maintenance procedures;
- Wears properly all required personal protective equipment;
- Reports all incidents, accidents, unsafe work conditions, problems or concerns immediately to Supervisor;
- Willingly participates in all mandatory training classes;
- Maintains a clean, well-maintained and organized work area consistently.
- Complies with all safety requirements at all times
- Works overtime as required (flexible).
Identify safety hazards in the workplace, and work collectively to continue to make Doka a safe environment so everyone goes home at the end of the day!
- Works productively as a member of the team and assists in maintaining an organized and logical yard;
- Takes responsibility in the proper use, maintenance and safety of all tools and equipment;
- Inspects and properly classifies and records material damages from material received;
- Makes sure equipment is properly placed and returned to its designated storage location;
- Other duties/projects as assigned; including participating in company committees/teams;
- Complies with all company policies, business and safety practices.
- High school graduate – minimum requirement;
1 year forklift experience or experience with larger objects then just a standard pallet would be advantageous;
- Previous experience in a construction or building materials yard a desired asset;
- Excellent communication skills including a first-rate command of English (speaking, reading, writing) – MUST HAVE as part of training and safety needs;
Qualitative abilities including strong analytical skills, technical proficiency and effective problem solving skills;
Team player, willing and able to learn new products, concepts and techniques;
- Able to work independently in a results-driven, fast-paced environment;
Able to conduct and document daily forklift checks;
Capable of counting accurately, lifting 50 +lbs, and preparing related paperwork;
Punctual, reliable, safety boots, self-sufficient for your own transportation.
This position requires the ability to support the operations functions to complete projects on short notice with minimal information.
Extensive daily interaction with yard staff, truck drivers, colleagues, management and customers. Communicates effectively with all levels of management both internally and externally.
This position requires the ability to think strategically and analytically, to understand the impact of his/her accountabilities as they relate to the entire yard. This position also requires the ability to work in a fast-paced environment, to be organized and to manage time to meet deadlines.
Working conditions will vary significantly (extreme outdoor temperatures/inclement weather conditions), high noise level in certain areas. These positions are physically demanding on a routine basis. Regularly required to reach with hands and arms: climb or balance and stoop: kneel and/or crouch.
*Important Notice: Doka forklifts are always maintained to safety standards, however, they may or may not be equipped to maintain ideal body temperatures according to individual employee preferences or for exterior work conditions. If your Doctor determines that this may affect any pre-existing or future health conditions this may determine your continued employment with Doka Canada, as required changes may be undue hardship for Doka.
If you have a passion to see how your work impacts the construction industry. lead and develop others in this exciting new role, we look forward to receiving your application!
This posting will be used to hire more than one Forklift Operator. This position will remain open until suitable candidates are located. Interviews and hiring decisions will be made quickly. Therefore, if interested, please submit your resume as soon as possible so you don't miss this excellent opportunity!
Candidates must be authorized to work for any employer in Canada and local candidates with the desired experience will be given first preference.
Doka is an Equal Opportunity Employer. A company of the Ubdasch Group.