3D Senior Project Technician (Middle East & Africa)
- JAFZA South, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Doka Group, a subsidiary of the Umdasch Group is one of the world’s largest manufacturers and suppliers of formwork products and systems with more than 160 sales and logistics facilities in over 70 countries. From its headquarters in Austria, Doka’s heritage of innovation has positioned itself as a front runner in creating disruptive technologies for the construction market, with an emphasis firmly placed on supporting the needs of its clients.
Doka’s Middle East & Africa office covers the following subsidiaries: United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Oman, Kuwait, Jordan, Turkey and Egypt. Doka’s Middle East & Africa office also supports projects across the African continent and Central Asia.
As a customer-focused organisation, Doka understands that its greatest assets are its employees which is why it is consistently looking for talented professionals who are keen to develop their career in this challenging and fast-paced industry.
Doka’s Middle East & Africa’s regional team is currently looking to recruit a career driven professional to join its versatile team to support the company’s ongoing expansion. Based in Dubai, the suitable candidate will be a natural team player who can add significant value to this highly dynamic team.
- Accountable for managing multiple projects and engineering teams together with Junior Project Technician and Project Technician
- Provide strong leadership and actively promote knowledge sharing and engineering trainings/development for the project team
- Analyse structural drawings given by clients
- Implement formwork solutions as per project requirements
- Special formwork design in 3D AutoCAD
- Create 3D formwork renderings/animations for customer presentations
- Propose the most economical and best technical solution
- Conduct basic static calculations and advanced structural analysis with RStab
- Produce material list, offer drawings and shop drawings
- Assist Sales Engineers with site visits and client presentations
- Coordinate the timely delivery of shop drawings as per instructions
- Coordinate with clients for technical issues
- Coordination with other involved departments
- Consideration of availability of material in the design stage
- Coordinate availability of project team with the Head of Engineering Region
- Technical/Civil Engineering Qualification
- 3D Auto CAD and formwork knowledge
- At least 5 years of intensive experience in formwork engineering
- RStab skills
- Tekla, Sketch up, 3ds max, Inventor, PonCad software and/or Autolisp programming knowledge is a plus
- Solid communication skills in English
- Team player with attention to detail and a feel for economic matters
- Ability to work under minimal supervision
- Eager to learn and improve knowledge and 3D skills for different 3D software