Business Development Manager Scaffolding Middle East & Africa
- JAFZA South, Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Doka Group, a subsidiary of the Umdasch Group is one of the world’s largest manufacturers and suppliers of formwork products and systems with more than 160 sales and logistics facilities in over 70 countries. From its headquarters in Austria, Doka’s heritage of innovation has positioned itself as a front runner in creating disruptive technologies for the construction market, with an emphasis firmly placed on supporting the needs of its clients.
Covering some of the fastest developing economies in the global construction market, Doka’s Middle East & Africa office oversees operations from Cape Town to Istanbul. Based from its regional headquarters in Dubai, which includes both offices and a distribution centre, Doka’s MEA operation has been structured to provide maximum agility for its subsidiaries, allowing it to react quickly to market changes and to extend the highest levels of support for its clients.
Doka’s Middle East & Africa office covers the following subsidiaries: United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Oman, Kuwait, Lebanon, Jordan, Turkey, Egypt, Nigeria, South Africa and Mozambique. Doka’s Middle East & Africa office also supports projects across the African continent and Central Asia.
Doka’s Middle East & Africa’s regional team is currently looking to recruit a career driven professional to join its versatile team to support the company’s ongoing expansion. Based in Dubai, the suitable candidate will be a natural team player who can add significant value to this highly dynamic team.
- Define regional scaffolding strategy and syndicate/align with scaffolding country strategy
- Drive the strategic target setting for scaffolding together with the country MD and sales team
- Build up a network within the region of relevant stakeholders and industry contacts
- Screen potential business by analysing the market, project requirements (both technical and commercial), potential and commercial viability; evaluate options and manage internal priorities
- Identify and qualify large project opportunities in countries of the region
- Coordinate pre-qualification processes to approach potential clients, express interest of bidding and ensure the successful pre-qualification of the company
- Study necessary requirements to work in specific countries/projects (approvals/permits/licenses) and jointly with countries work on their fulfillment
- Win new business by coordinating requirements, developing and negotiating contracts, integrating contract requirements with country organisations
- Intense communication with clients, consultants, project managers and country organisations
- Create added value propositions and presentations for internal and client use together with the Scaffolding Manager MEA
- Follow up on the project pipeline and plan customer visits together with the country scaffolding sales team
- Provide input and be involved in the decision-making for new hires within scaffolding
- Drive scaffolding marketing initiatives in the region in cooperation with HoM MEA
- Study necessary requirements to work in specific countries
Qualifications / Knowledge / Experience
- Technical/Civil Engineering Qualification
- Sound knowledge of scaffolding systems and standards, including the ring-lock system
- Intensive sales and business development experience in the scaffolding sector in the Middle East & Africa region with a particular focus on the oil & gas and industrial sector
- Relationship network to potential scaffolding clients and other key stakeholders in the scaffolding industry in the region
Skills / Characteristics
- Solid communication skills in English
- Diplomatic approach and a high level of negotiation skills
- Ability to gain trust, build rapport and network
- Ability to develop and drive a strategy and achieve targets
- Willingness to travel extensively within the region
- Networking skills