Field Service Technician
- 10822 Mahaffey Rd, Tomball, TX 77375, USA
Doka is one of the world’s leading companies for developing, manufacturing and distributing formwork solutions for use in all fields of the construction sector. The Doka Group is a company of the Umdasch Group and employs more than 6,000 people in over 70 countries.
Summary of Position
The Field Service Technician reports directly to the Engineering Manager. This person will be designated by the Engineering Manager as the responsible Field Service Technician in charge. He/she assists the Account Manager in providing formwork and shoring assembly and set up expertise and assistance to the construction team while onsite from the preliminary stage of the construction project to the point where the customer no longer requires assistance with Doka products. The Field Service Technician is responsible is responsible to instruct site personnel, when request by the customer, on the safe and correct assembly and use of Doka products used on the project during the period of time on site.
- Directly oversees and instructs site personnel on the use of formwork and shoring in conjunction with the Account Manager. His/her time on site can last anywhere from one day to several weeks and at times longer. All technical issues shall be directed to the local Engineering Manager.
- Oversee the installation of Doka products ensuring they are installed and used properly.
- Completes daily reports and forwards to the people identified in the “Guidelines for Doka USA Formwork Instructors”. Reports must contain a description of the work accomplished each day in man-hours used per task as well as details regarding product shortages, design errors and any quality control issues identified by the Formwork Instructor.
- Examine equipment on site and makes sure it is in compliance with Doka’s “ready for field use” specifications.
- Assist the Account Manager and contractor in interpreting and reading the engineering layout or assembly drawings prepared by Doka engineering.
- Identifies potential problems and ensures that all parties including the Contractor, Superintendent, Project Manager, Safety Manager, Doka Engineering and Sales teams are notified of such findings on a timely basis as outlined in the “Guidelines for Doka USA Formwork Instructors”.
- Accurately and consistently tracks and monitors all activities involving Doka products on the construction site including assembly activities, cycle times, identifying problems and their cause, then develops action plans for immediate and appropriate resolution.
- While on site, ensures that all individuals on the construction site are properly trained in the assembly, set up and disassembling of Doka products.
- Provides accurate answers to all inquiries and questions’ regarding Doka products within the boundaries of Doka’s published User Information booklets.
- While on site, complies with all local, state, federal, and Doka safety regulations and policies. Consults and works with site construction teams ensuring all safe work practices involving Doka products are followed while maintaining a safe working environment and provides notification to the customer about noncompliance.
Other Responsibilities/Peripheral Functions
- Assignments are located both within the home region and in other regions of the country depend upon available resource. Therefore a considerable amount of domestic travel and time away from home as well as occasional international travel will be required. Assignments and management of daily activities will be coordinated by the Responsible Manager In-charge.
- Other duties as assigned may include and not limited to are participating in company committees, supporting operations in assembly of equipment, inspecting inventory, etc.
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule including additional time as required to meet the customer’s needs. Work schedules vary to the meet customer’s site schedule and could include shift works.
- Assists in ensuring safe work practices that involve Doka products, a safe working environment and reports any unsafe practices to the onsite management verbally and in writing when necessary.
- Complies with all corporate policies and business practices.
- Functionally reports to the Head of Engineering, Doka USA and Doka Canada.
- HS Graduate
- Vocational/trade school diploma/certificate a plus (carpentry)
- 2-5 years construction site supervisory experience preferred. Experience with concrete formwork strongly desired, use of Doka products strongly preferred.
- Must possess strong interpersonal “people” skills to work effectively with a wide range of diverse personalities.
- Strong technical knowledge including the ability to read blueprints and designs.
- Facilitates projects and effectively manages multiple tasks.
- Excellent communication skills including an excellent command of English (speaking, reading, writing).
- Possesses strong leadership skills, effectively demonstrates patience and delivers and commands respect particularly in difficult and challenging situations.
This position requires the ability to support those involved on each project construction site and serve as a liaison between the Support offices, Branch office and the onsite construction management team (contractor, superintendent, safety manager, project manager) providing formwork assembly support and expertise on short notice with minimal information.
Communicates effectively with all levels of individuals and has extensive interaction with the Responsible Manager In-charge, onsite construction team, internal Doka engineering and sales teams, internal and external Doka management teams and customers.
This position requires the ability to think strategically and analytically. Able to envision the broader picture and understand the impact of his/her accountability as they relate to the entire company. Position requires the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and the ability to be organized and manage time to meet
Working conditions are generally that of outside conditions (extreme outdoor temperatures/inclement weather conditions), high noise level in certain areas, to more occasional office environment location: dry, cool, and well lighted.
Doka offers terrific career opportunities, competitive compensation, comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, Flexible Spending Account, company paid life insurance, supplemental voluntary term life insurance, 401k retirement plan (Roth and Non-Roth), AFLAC policies, paid time off (sick/personal, vacation, floating holiday and company paid holidays) and an exciting opportunity to join Doka as a Field Service Technician in Doka's Southwest Branch in Tombal, Texas.
Visit us on-line at www.dokausa.com for additional information on Doka USA, Ltd.
Candidates must be authorized to work for any employer in the US.
Doka is an Equal Opportunity Employer
A company of the Umdasch Group
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If joining an industry leader excites you, please submit your resume and apply now.