Senior Project Technician
- 105 Boulder Brook Cir, Lawrenceville, GA 30045, USA
It's more than a job. It's a passion.
Doka is one of the world’s leading companies for developing, manufacturing and distributing formwork solutions for use in all fields of the construction sector. The Doka Group is a company of the Umdasch Group and employs more than 6,000 people in over 70 countries.
Summary Of Position:
The Senior Project Technician is accountable for technical planning, forming projects, managing individual projects and may manage small engineering teams consisting of Technicians. If managing a team, he/she will provide strong leadership, technical direction and will ensure that team members are continually trained in Doka formwork systems. Ensures that the team represents the proper use of Doka USA concrete forming equipment for customers. He/she provides technical assistance to the sales department from the project design stage to project inception and completion. This position will support Doka's Southeast Branch Engineering Team located in Lawrenceville, Georgia.
- Determines and plans technical solutions for projects utilizing Doka formwork systems.
- Partners with customers, contractors, sales and operations departments while managing jobs from preliminary project planning stages to project completion.
- Supports Sales by determining appropriate formwork solutions that meet the customer’s needs (economically, and in compliance with safety and regulatory guidelines).
- Works with sales to produce AutoCAD drawings during the proposal stage and finalizes working drawings for Doka USA forming systems and provides material lists for quotations and shipments to the site.
- Relied upon to provide guidance to customers regarding forming solutions, service job sites and respond to questions concerning equipment usage, etc.
- Motivates team and effectively delegates work ensuring team and company objectives are met.
- Produces and ensures that the drawing indicate the proper use of Doka USA forming equipment and that the drawings represent safe, economical and efficient designs.
- Ensures that the policies, procedures, programs, standards of performance and compliance are adhered to.
- Monitors conformance with contractual guidelines.
Other Responsibilities/Peripheral Functions:
- Visits job sites as required, identifies any improper implementation and takes action to ensure technical solutions are immediately implemented.
- Service the job site for the correct use of formwork systems in the absence of a service advisor.
- Ensures safe working practices and a safe working environment.
- HS Graduate or equivalent technical school education.
- 7-10 years of related experience in concrete forming and shoring applications and design required. Doka experience preferred.
- Associate Degree or Bachelor’s Degree in engineering (civil, construction, or structural) a plus.
- Able to schedule projects to meet deadlines.
- Excellent technical knowledge with vast experience in project management. Experienced in AutoCAD, project management software and computer applications including Word, Excel.
- Excellent communication skills including an excellent command of English (speaking, reading, writing).
- Qualitative abilities including strong analytical skills, technical proficiency and effective problem solving skills.
- Willing and able to learn new products concepts and techniques.
- Organized team player with strong leadership skills and excellent time management skills. Able to work in a deadline driven, fast-paced environment.
- General understanding of U.S. regulations, local and national codes, legislation and trends impacting the formwork industry.
This position requires the ability to support the sales function within the office and at times in the customer environment, solving design and field problems on short notice with minimal information.
Extensive daily interaction with internal colleagues, management and customers.
Position requires the ability to work in an organized manner, in a fast-paced environment and manage time to meet deadlines.
Working conditions vary from that of an office environment: dry, cool, well lighted, to outside conditions (equipment yard or job site), high noise level in certain areas, extreme outdoor temperatures.
Doka offers terrific career opportunities, competitive compensation, comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, Flexible Spending Account, company paid life insurance, supplemental voluntary term life insurance, 401k retirement plan (Roth and Non-Roth), AFLAC policies, paid time off (sick/personal, vacation, floating holiday and company paid holidays) and an exciting opportunity to join as a Senior Project Technician in Doka's Southeast Branch Engineering Team in Lawrenceville, GA.
Visit us on-line at www.dokausa.com for additional information on Doka USA, Ltd.
Doka is an Equal Opportunity Employer
A company of the Umdasch Group
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.