Procurement Manager Asia Pacific
- 25 International Business Park Rd, Singapore 609916
With more than 160 sales and logistics facilities in over 70 countries, highly efficient in-house production and more than 7,000 employees, the Doka Group is one of the world’s leading companies for developing, manufacturing and distributing modern system formwork technology. Our strong and effective sales organisation gives construction firms all over the world swift access to pathbreaking formwork solutions and services for all areas of cast-in-place building construction.
Doka East Asia Pacifc (EAP) is a region of Doka Group whereas the Regional Management is based out of Singapore and comprises the following countries with own subsidiaries: Australia, China, India, Japan, Malaysia, Singapore. Moreover the Regional Management of Doka EAP supports projects across other Countries in Asia & Pacific.
To continue building our high level of service for our customers, the Doka Group not only invests in its employees’ professional and personal career development but also sets great store by foresighted personnel planning.
Doka Group is expanding its presence in the Asia Pacific (AP) region.
As a result, a new role for a Procurement Manager has opened up. If you are looking to work for a dynamic multinational that is growing its presence in Asia Pacific and offers you the unique opportunity to grow your career nationally and internationally, then Doka is the place for you!
As a Procurement Manager for Asia Pacific, you will be responsible for developing and executing the direct and indirect procurement strategy for Asia Pacific. You will also support non-AP regions and categories in sourcing from AP.
During the initial period, you will be reponsible to conduct a baseline analysis to establish the current state of procurement function in the region. This will be done in close collaboration with the country teams and global procurements leads based in the head office. Based on the findings, you will develop and execute the procurement strategy and manage the direct (mainly metal parts and wood) and indirect spend for the region and build up the procuremnt function for Asia Pacific.
In addition, you will also manage the spend for categories being sourced in Asia Pacific (AP) for non-AP regions.
Once the function is duly established, you will ensure availability of material and services and focus on Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) cost reduction initiatives. You will also ensure sustainability of savings, high standard of risk management, and implementation of the global procurement processes, methods and tools.
This role reports to the Global Procurement Director based at Austria head office.
Required (Education and Technical)
- Any bachelor degree
- At least 8 years’ experience in an international procurement function at a multinational/medium sized organization. Proven experience as Category Manager OR Strategic Sourcing Manager.
- Experience with international contract management
- Excellent understanding of procurement processes and supplier market in Asia
- Technical ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference
- Excellent communication skills in English
Required (Attributes and Motivation)
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships quickly
- Ability to influence another to your point of view
- Ability to proactively identify and solve issues using strong analytical and strong decision making skills
- Ability to think divergently to identify opportunities and propose unique solutions
- Ability to work under pressure and achieve desired results under tight deadlines
- Willingness and ability to be involved hands-on in procurement activities
- Willingness to travel (~50 %) within Asia Pacific
- Willingnes to relocate within Asia, if required
Preferred (Skills and Background)
- Bachelor degree in business, supply chain, OR technical specialization
- Direct procurement experience in metal is highly preferred
- International work experience
- Communications skills in any local Asian language (E.g. Mandarin)
- Experience handling procurement processes with an ERP system
Location: Singapore OR Navi Mumbai (India), OR Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)