Key Account Manager
- 22901 Winchester Dr, Channahon, IL 60410, USA
Doka is one of the world’s leading companies for developing, manufacturing and distributing formwork solutions for use in all fields of the construction sector. The Doka Group is a company of the Umdasch Group
and employs more than 6,000 people in over 70 countries.
Summary of Position
The Key Account Manager, in partnership with the Sales Managers, will achieve the company objectives for revenue in accordance with rental rate, discount and profitability guidelines for the Company by providing
a complete focus on managing the sales process for major projects. This person will be accountable for developing existing high potential accounts and growing business with new accounts while maintaining strong and trusting partnerships with major customers throughout the US. This person will be a strategic partner in expanding Doka USA’s presence within the market and will be accountable for maximizing sales that broaden Doka USA’s position in the market. This person reports directly to the Key Account Sales Manager.
- Develop and execute overall strategy to target and focus on major projects and key customers that have potential for quality profitable revenue and will create or strengthen relationships that are in line with our business.
- Develop and execute specific strategies for major projects and key customers that highlight the added value / customer benefits that Doka has to offer and puts Doka in the best position to secure the projects.
- Identify potential Major Projects and key customers, develop relationship to expand business
opportunities or develop new opportunities and utilize skills to win the project / customer for Doka.
- Maximize utilization of existing available standard inventory while profitably increasing revenue.
- Ensure active involvement in potential major projects at the early stage in the sales process to steer the design and customer perceptions to Doka products.
- Manage a sales tracking funnel of potential quotes and awarded projects.
- Develop and maintain a customer/prospect database that contains the names, addresses &
actual phone #’s of actual & prospective accounts as well as all of the names of the officers, key office and field personnel that represent these customer/prospects.
- Works with Account Managers in each Area in a team selling scenario from pre bid through
- Actively involved, as assigned, in major contractor/industry organizations as company
- Serves as the strategist and coordinates all major formwork proposals.
- Proactively communicates clearly and collaborates available support resources in engineering and operations.
Other Responsibilities/Peripheral Functions
- Visits and supports job sites as required
- Continually builds product knowledge
- Heavy overnight travel as required. Additionally, he/she may be called upon to make sales calls outside of the United States as requested.
- Conducts day-to-day business related activities in compliance with all Sales, Engineering, corporate policies, procedures and business practices.
- Bachelor Degree with a concentration in Business, Engineering or Construction preferred.
- 5-7 years sales/account management experience with major project and account sales
experience within the concrete forming industry or related construction equipment industry.
- Strong leadership skills, capable of commanding respect.
- Consistently handles confidential information with a highest level of integrity and delivers the highest standards of service to customers.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, follow-up, closing and negotiation skills.
- Effectively manages multiple tasks and handles all responsibilities with a strong sense of urgency.
- Takes initiative, manages time effectively, and manages and adjusts priorities based on business demands.
- Knowledge of the construction industry and its marketplace.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints.
- Excellent communication skills including command of English (speaking, reading, and
Qualitative abilities including strong analytical skills, technical proficiency and
effective selling and problem solving skills.
Strong computer skills including proficiency using Microsoft Office applications,
(Word, Excel and Power Point).
Willing and able to learn new computer systems, products, concepts and techniques as
well as an eagerness to keep abreast of customer, industry and competitor
Extremely self-motivated, assertive, team player with a strong work ethic, able to work
independently in a results-driven, fast-paced environment.
Extensive daily interaction with colleagues, management and customers. Consistently delivers
high standards of customer service and communicates effectively.
Must be able to create and give sales presentations to potential customers concerning his/her qualifications and experience level, the company’s history and experience and the features and benefits of Doka USA’s products.
This position requires the ability to think strategically and analytically. Able to envision a broader
picture and understand the impact of his/her accountabilities as related to the Doka Group. Position requires the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and the ability to be organized and manage time to meet deadlines.
Working conditions vary from that of an office environment: dry, cool, well lighted, to
outside conditions (equipment yard or job site), high noise level in certain areas, extreme outdoor temperatures.
Doka offers terrific career opportunities, competitive compensation, comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, Flexible Spending Account, company paid life insurance, supplemental voluntary term life
insurance, 401k retirement plan (Roth and Non-Roth), AFLAC policies, paid time off (sick/personal, vacation, floating holiday and company paid holidays) and an exciting opportunity to join as a Key Account Manager.
If joining an industry leader excites you, please submit your resume with salary history and requirements by clicking below.
Visit us on-line at www.dokausa.com for additional information on Doka USA, Ltd.
Doka is an Equal Opportunity Employer
A company of the Umdasch Group
External candidates must be authorized to work for any employer in the USA.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.