- Shuwaikh, Kuwait City, kw
Doka Group, a subsidiary of the Umdasch Group is one of the world’s largest manufacturers and suppliers of formwork products and systems with more than 160 sales and logistics facilities in over 70 countries. From its headquarters in Austria, Doka’s heritage of innovation has positioned itself as a front runner in creating disruptive technologies for the construction market, with an emphasis firmly placed on supporting the needs of its clients.
The first branch in the region was opened in 1978 and is located in Shuwaikh. The branch boasts more than 8,000 m² of land and the plot is comprised of an office, stockyard, warehouse and a reconditioning facility.
Kuwait is an oil rich, family-run emirate in the Middle East and is situated on the Arabian Peninsula. It borders the northwestern corner of the Arabian Gulf, and with an area of 17,818 km² it is slightly smaller than twice the size of Cyprus. Kuwait has a large expat population and over 80 percent of the country’s workforce is made up of foreigners who find Kuwait to be safe and very family-friendly.
Doka Kuwait is currently looking to recruit a career driven professional to join its versatile team and support the company’s ongoing national expansion. The suitable candidate will be a qualified and natural team player who can add significant value to this highly dynamic team.
- Analyse structural drawings given by clients.
- Implement formwork solution as per the instructions of the Sales Engineer, Team Leader or Senior Planning Engineer.
- Propose the most economical and best technical solution.
- Conduct basic static calculations.
- Produce material list, offer drawings and shop drawings.
- Coordination with other involved departments (Operations, Site Supervisors).
- Consideration of availability of material in the design stage.
Qualifications / Knowledge / Experience
- CAD knowledge
- Technical/Civil Engineering Qualification
- Solid English skills
- Basic IT skills
- Basic formwork knowledge
Skills / Characteristics
- Team player
- Attention to detail
- Good communication skills (within company and with clients)
- Technical/static understanding
- A feel for economical matters
- Motivation to improve knowledge
- Willingness to spend overtime if required