Formwork Carpenter / Field Service Technician
- 3665 Benson Avenue, Baltimore, MD, us
Doka is one of the world’s leading companies for developing, manufacturing and distributing formwork solutions for use in all fields of the construction sector. The Doka Group is a company of the Umdasch Group
and employs more than 6,000 people in over 70 countries.
Summary of Position:
The Formwork Carpenter uses their expertise and knowledge as a Field Service
Technician to instruct contractors on the correct assembly and proper use of Doka formwork and
shoring systems. This assistance is provided from the initial stage of construction, throughout the project, and ending with the disassembly and return of the equipment. He/she will join an experienced team, servicing some of the most exciting projects throughout the Mid-Atlantic. This position will be based at Doka's Mid-Atlantic branch office located in Baltimore, Maryland.
- Assist the contractor in reading and interpreting project specific assembly and field use drawings prepared by Doka Engineering.
- Directly oversees and instructs site personnel on the proper assembly, installation, use and disassembly of Doka formwork and shoring systems.
- Identifies potential jobsite problems, ensures that all parties are notified in a timely manner and assists Doka engineering in troubleshooting issues.
- Provides accurate answers to questions regarding Doka formwork and shoring systems.
- Monitors all activities involving Doka equipment on the construction site and prepare daily reports containing a description of the work accomplished.
- Consults and works with site construction personnel ensuring safe work practices involving Doka products are followed.
- Complies with all local, state, federal and Doka safety regulations and policies.
Qualifications / Technical Proficiency:
- HS graduate or equivalent required. Vocational / trade school diploma / certificate (carpentry) a plus.
- Field experience on structural concrete construction or civil / bridge construction preferable.
- Experience in concrete formwork and shoring a plus.
- Strong technical knowledge including the ability to read and interpret blueprints.
- Organized team leader able to work independently in a deadline-driven, fast-paced environment while
effectively demonstrating patience and respect particularly in challenging situations
- Must possess strong interpersonal “people” skills to work effectively with a wide range of diverse personalities.
- Excellent communication skills including a command of English (speaking, reading, writing). Command of Spanish a plus.
- Must enjoy traveling, both locally and within the U.S. A reasonable amount of domestic travel may be required.
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule including additional time as required to meet project
requirements. Work hours may vary to the meet contractor’s schedule and could include overtime, weekend or shift work. Must possess a high degree of energy and stamina.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Willing and able to learn new equipment system, concepts and methods.
- Understanding of OSHA construction standards
- Proficient using Microsoft office applications ( Word and Excel)
- Possess clean driving record (no current driving violations or motor vehicle related violations)
This position requires the ability to support the sales function and engineering functions at the customer environment, solving design and field problems on short notice with minimal information.
Extensive daily interaction with internal colleagues, management and customers.
Position requires the ability to work in an organized manner, in a fast-paced environment and manage time to meet deadlines.
Working conditions vary from that of an office environment: dry, cool, well lighted, to outside conditions (equipment yard or job site), high noise level in certain areas, extreme outdoor temperatures.
Doka offers terrific career opportunities, competitive compensation, comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, Flexible Spending Account, company paid life insurance, supplemental voluntary term life
insurance, 401k retirement plan (Roth and Non-Roth), AFLAC policies, paid time off (sick/personal, vacation, floating holiday and company paid holidays) and an exciting opportunity to join Doka as a Formwork Carpenter / Field Service Technician in Doka's Mid-Atlantic Branch in Baltimore, Maryland.
Visit us on-line at www.dokausa.com for additional information on Doka USA, Ltd.
Candidates must be authorized to work for any employer in the US.
Doka is an Equal Opportunity Employer
A company of the Umdasch Group
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If joining an industry leader excites you, please submit your resume and apply now.