Managing Director Doka India
- Navi Mumbai, India
With more than 160 sales and logistics facilities in over 70 countries, highly efficient in-house production and more than 7,000 employees, the Doka Group is one of the world’s leading companies for developing, manufacturing and distributing modern system formwork technology. Our strong and effective sales organisation gives construction firms all over the world swift access to pathbreaking formwork solutions and services for all areas of cast-in-place building construction.
Doka India, headquartered in Mumbai and established almost 10 years ago, is a subsidiary of the Doka Group and employs more than 100 people.
As a Managing Director Doka India, you are fully accountable for further growth and strategic development of the country organization with full P&L responsibility. You develop and coach your direct reports (Head of Departments such as Sales, Operations, Engineering & Finance) ensuring that they are given the resources and opportunities they need to succeed and grow with Doka India. In your role you will assess additional revenue opportunities and drive customer engagement that strengthens the company's position in the market while being committed to develop a high-performing team and organization.
Specific responsibilities include:
- You manage and coordinate all activities between the departments and optimize, develop and implement organizational processes and structures from an operative as well as strategic point of view
- You ensure significant growth and profitability of the whole business operation of Doka India
- You are responsible for the balance sheet, budget and KPI’s in the country and reporting directly to the Regional Director of East Asia & Pacific
- You initiate the compilation and realization of the sales strategy incl. KAM, pricing, management of claims, inventory management and health/safety regulations
- You coordinate the planning and optimization of personnel and material costs and develop strategies for optimization
- You initiate, coordinate, implement and accompany change processes
- You are acting as a role model and you are the highest promoter of Doka strategy, principles of management and code of conduct and are responsible for compliance of internal and external rules and regulations
- Outstanding General Management (full P&L) experience in project and process management
- Local Indian Management knowledge paired with strong European Business Acumen – Proven track record with European MNC
- International Management experience
- Proven experience, network and understanding of the local Indian construction market (ideally formwork knowledge)
- Strong Commercial/Sales background and affinity
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills in English / any other international language skills such as German would be a major benefit
- Analytical thinker, decision-maker with focus on action and outcomes, who drives for results
- Proven leadership skills; gets the most and best out of people; sets and communicates guiding goals; measures accomplishments, holds people accountable, and gives useful feedback; keeps people informed and provides coaching for today and for the future
- Good intercultural understanding, embracing new challenges & enthused of being a part of a growing market
- Technical/Commercial diploma, MBA preferred
- Willingness to travel and being mobile
For any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Andreas Lang l Head of HR East Asia & Pacific l Doka Group