Sr. Business Analyst
- 153 Washington Ave, North Haven, CT 06473, USA
Ulbrich Stainless Steels & Special Metals, Inc. is a high-precision, value added processor of Stainless Steels, Nickel Alloys, Titanium Alloys, Cobalt Alloys, Niobium, Tantalum, Nitinol for a wide range of difficult-to-manufacture, niche-market applications such as aerospace jet engine seals, nuclear reactor fuel cages, heart pacemaker containers, PV ribbon, computer chip substrate, chemical processing tower components, automotive airbag burst disks, automotive oxygen sensors, medical catheters, and cell phone key pads.
Ulbrich was established in 1924 and is privately held. It has 9 subsidiaries located in the US, Mexico, Canada, and Austria employs over 700 people worldwide. Our continued growth and expansion translates into career opportunities in many areas and locations.
Ulbrich Stainless Steels & Special Metals, Inc. in North Haven, CT has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Sr. Business Analyst.
The Sr. Business Analyst is responsible for utilizing business and technology expertise to create solutions to business issues by analyzing applicable processes and workflow. The Sr. Business Analyst will provide a critical bridge between the systems (technology) and business components of projects in support of company-wide operations. Plans, directs and coordinates activities of projects to ensure objectives are accomplished.
Specific duties include:
- Analyzing data to determine system solutions such as acquisition/installation of alternate systems and procedures, changes in processing methods and practices, modification of equipment or redesign of services;
- Managing projects throughout the research, design, development, deployment and support of systems solutions;
- Establishing a work plan for each project phase and secure necessary resources for successful execution;
- Providing recommendations for the acquisition/utilization of hardware and software as it relates to project objectives;
- Coordinating activities of project team to ensure that projects progress on schedule and within prescribed budget;
- Facilitating necessary meetings with business unit representatives, ensuring transparent communication of project status.
Qualified candidates should possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management and/or Information Systems plus a minimum of 5-7 years of applicable business experience, including 5 years of project management experience with Agile project management, preferably in a manufacturing environment. Experience with lean concepts, data science concepts, robotics, and modern web technologies. Proven project management skills and results. Ability to develop detailed implementation plans, measure progress and make adjustments to meet objective. Detailed knowledge of system development methodologies and systems interaction with business processes. Ability to understand technical documentation, analyze data or business issues and provide appropriate feedback and solution. Strong communication, interpersonal and organization skills. Hands-on understanding of business application systems with emphasis on manufacturing and commercial systems.
This position offers a competitive salary and attractive benefits and the opportunity to expand skills within a company that offers a diverse workforce and a welcoming company culture.
Ulbrich is an Equal Opportunity Employer