- 692 Plant Rd, Westminster, SC 29693, USA
Ulbrich Stainless Steels & Special Metals, Inc. is a high-precision, value added processor of stainless steels and special metals for a wide range of difficult-to-manufacture, niche-market applications. Ulbrich was established in Connecticut in 1924 and is privately held. Ulbrich has 9 wholly owned subsidiaries located in the US, Mexico, Canada, and Austria, with over 700 employees worldwide. Our continued growth and expansion translates into career opportunities in many areas and locations. Our future is an exciting one, we are on the cutting edge of new technologies and product applications. Come grow with us and be a part of our promising future!
Located outside of Greenville in Westminster, SC, Ulbrich Specialty Wire Products (USWP), is on the technical forefront of the metals industry delivering precision products to an increasingly diversified and global marketplace, including applications in the Medical, RF Cable, Aerospace, Industrial and Electronics industries. We are seeking an experienced Process Engineer with a solid background in process improvement, to help us reduce manufacturing costs and increase productivity and quality.
Responsibilities for this position include developing, evaluating, and improving manufacturing systems and processes, utilizing knowledge of mechanical engineering, lean principles, product requirements, data analysis, materials and parts, tooling and equipment capabilities, and quality control standards. Through data analysis will support decision making, equipment capabilities, and material processing effects with metals while ensuring targeted quality and efficiency requirements. Will provide technical expertise in the application of material and processing procedures required to achieve defined customer specifications or in the resolution of product-related problems.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, with a strong background in process improvement;
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment (preferably metals mfg.);
- Previous experience in a wire drawing environment is preferred;
- Demonstrated hands-on experience with process improvements;
- Demonstrated conceptual, analytical and problem solving skills;
- Solid interpersonal and collaboration skills;
- Knowledgeable in lean manufacturing methods such as 5S, 8D, A3 and other contemporary productivity and quality improvement methods;
- Proficient in statistical analysis (DOE, ANOVA, SPC); and
- Proficient user of MS Office (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
USWP offers a competitive base salary, an excellent benefits program, an opportunity to earn a bonus, and a welcoming culture.
Ulbrich is an Equal Opportunity Employer