- Cary, NC
Create and maintain the audio systems and technology to support AAA quality audio components of RSE games. Work closely with the Audio Director, Sound Designers, Leads and other Engineers to facilitate the realization of our game audio experience.
• Design, implement and debug audio systems for AAA games
• Create and maintain complex audio systems for playback and implementation
• Communicate and collaborate effectively with creative production staff
• Optimize audio content creation pipelines for ease of use, and to maximize throughput
• Develop audio features to support game development including storytelling, strong characters and physical worlds
• Implement and maintain tools or systems that allow designers to realize the vision of the products
• Creatively problem solve, propose value added ideas and solutions to provide customers with quality services
• Document and support audio feature creation, enhancement and usability for all platforms
• Participate in playtests, debugging and audio feature documentation
• Game development experience on PC and Next Gen Consoles.
• A BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
• 2+ Years of professional experience
• Understanding of Next Gen audio pipelines and optimizations
• Experience with third party audio middleware such as Wwise/FMOD etc.
• Demonstrated ability to problem solve effectively and produce timely project results
• Excellent communication skills.
• Must have a keen understanding of game audio systems and a passion to improve the quality of the end user experience
• Deep knowledge of audio fundamental (filtering, reverb, compression schemes, etc.)
• Experience with sound design, including digital signal processing (DSP) and data compression techniques.
• Strong math and C++/C# object oriented software design skills
• A passion for making top quality gaming experiences
• A positive, “can do”, service oriented attitude
• Experience creating complex voice over playback systems
• Experience working on networking multiplayer / Player vs. Player titles